COVID-19 Surveillance Tracker Package Released

DHIS2 has released a digital data package to accelerate case detection, situation reporting, active surveillance and response for COVID-19. You can learn more, try the interactive demo, and download the current version of the package at Covid-19 - DHIS2

The package is inspired by the Ministry of Health Sri Lanka’s pioneering design of DHIS2 tracker for COVID-19 case detection and draws on years of collaboration with the World Health Organisation (WHO) to develop information system standards for case-based disease surveillance. The COVID-19 digital data package includes standard metadata aligned with the WHO’s interim guidance on global surveillance for human infection with COVID-19 and implementation guidance to enable rapid deployment in countries. The package supports surveillance workflows and automated analysis for three key components of routine and active surveillance:

1. Case-based surveillance tracking: enrolls & tracks suspected cases; captures symptoms, demographics, risk factors & exposures; creates lab requests; links confirmed cases with contacts; and monitors patient outcomes. This package can be installed as a standalone COVID-19 package or can be integrated into a country’s existing integrated disease surveillance & response tracker.
  2. Contact-tracing program: strengthens active case detection through contact tracing activities, such as identification and follow-up of contacts of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case.
  3. Ports of Entry tracker: enrolls travelers who have visited high-risk locations at Ports of Entry for 14-day monitoring and follow-up.

An interactive demo and download link are available here: Covid-19 - DHIS2

All digital data packages are optimized for Android data collection with the DHIS2 Capture App, free to download on the Google Play store.

Do you work in a country that is interested in installing the DHIS2 COVID-19 tracker? Please contact us at covid@dhis2.org

12 Likes

Thanks a lot for it

Best Regards

Fatema

3 Likes

Thanks Max and tech team,
This is really helpful and timely contribution in fight of this COVID-19 Surveillance.

Regards

2 Likes

Thanks Max and team. Very well appreciated.

2 Likes

Thanks Max and team for the huge efforts

2 Likes

Thanks for the great and timely innitiative

2 Likes

Well done

2 Likes

@maxk Just wanted to point out that while importing the metadata dependency package into the latest 2.33 build, I’m experiencing the issues linked below which is that options/optionSets are breaking metadata imports. I believe the fixes are set to be released in the next patch but wanted to bring this to the community’s attention because the errors are not very descriptive at this point. The first issue linked below is identical.

A work around that I have found is to remove them entirely from the import file and then import them individually via their API resource endpoints (not /metadata which is were it fails) via curl, a script, Postman, or whatever tool best fits the user’s abilities.

https://jira.dhis2.org/browse/DHIS2-8035
https://jira.dhis2.org/browse/DHIS2-6566
https://jira.dhis2.org/browse/DHIS2-2731

3 Likes

thanks

3 Likes

Thanks, Chase! The Dev Team is looking into these now. It’s great that you have a suggestion for a workaround pending a patch release.

2 Likes

Thanks @chase.freeman! This kind of feedback is want makes the DHIS2 community strong.

8035 is done and merged and 6566 is closed. @Lars reports that 2731 will require just a little more time, but we will push out a 2.33 patch release ASAP.

2 Likes

Thanks for this great work. Is there readily available documentation that shows what data is being captured and the business processes/workflows for the case reports and contact tracing? Also does the tracker module support contact tracing across jurisdictions/borders?
Cheers,
-carl

1 Like

Thank you for the great work.

I am trying to implement COVID19 and imported the metadata successfully but when I try to register a case I got the following error. Anything I missed?

1 Like

Dear @biruhtesfa,

To give us some more information about the error, can you let us know if there are any console errors/messages ? To know more about how to find these console errors, see What to do when an error happens? How to check the import summary?

1 Like

Thank you @Karoline it’s working now. The issue was with future date

1 Like

Hi @Litlfred,
From the COVID-19 web page there is a link to a design document in the download section. That should provide the kind of detail you are asking for.

Direct link to the design doc here:

1 Like

Great job done, Max and Team

2 Likes

Thanks!

Cheers,
-carl

1 Like

That’s great to hear, @biruhtesfa!