Introduce yourself

Hi @oslynn,

welcome o the DHID2 community. Glad to have you here!

Feel free to check out the Categories we have in the Communityand also to ask and contribute to the Latest Discussions in the community.

Cheers,
Matthieu

1 Like

Thank you, @Matthieu. I hope to help whatever I can do.

1 Like

HI
I am Emmanuel , working with Ministry of Health in Tanzania, I use DHIS2 (tracker and aggregate) daily in my work. one of the country to implement DHIS2 tracker to capture and collect Tuberculosis and leprosy patient information.

1 Like

Welcome onboard Emmanuel!

1 Like

Welcome to DHIS2 community @enkiligi

1 Like

Hi everyone in the community,

I am Neranga from Sri Lanka. Work as a Senior Registrar in Health Informatics (medical doctor specialized in health informatics) to the Ministry of Health. Also a member of the WHO roster of digital health experts.

I have been involved in DHIS2 based implementations at various levels.

1. The electronic Reproductive Health Information System of the country: my involvement was at the phase 1 implementation, mainly system customization support to the core team and training end-users. The system has now being implemented island-wide with highest level of institutionalization.

2. Currently I am involved in DHIS2 based National COVID19 Surveillance System implementation and coordinate the overall project from the Ministry side. Its indeed great to see that our team’s (@Pamod @priyanga @Pramil ) work inspired the DHIS2 community to develop and release the DHIS2 Tracker metadata package. It is further inspiring to see many countries adopting DHIS2 as the surveillance platform. We went into integrate the DHIS2 with immigration system, telecom tower information systems and also to a self-tracking app.

Would like to get involved with the community and share my/our experience including what went well and what we could have done better to overcome implementation challenges we faced.

Thanks.

3 Likes

@neranga Welcome to the Community of Practice! The team in Sri Lanka has been doing excellent work on COVID-19 implementation, so it is great to hear that you are willing to share some of your experiences. Please feel free to create a post in the COVID-19 channel: COVID-19 - DHIS2 Community

1 Like

I am Mahmud, Managing Director of SoftWorks, a software company based on Dhaka, Bangladesh. We have worked in DHIS2 to mainly implement LMIS datasets in Benin, DRC & Mali. Also implemented interoperability to transfer DHIS2 data to external data analysis tool.

1 Like

Hi,
This is Ahmed,

DHIS2 Implementor in Pakistan.
Involved in implementation of dhis2 , along with auto data synchronisation between dhis2 and other existing health system, using APIs.
I have gone through very details of system and have compiled a list of limitations of dhis2 where the system lacks the capability or does not provide required options to users.
The list has been shared with UiO Contact, and hope to get a fruitful result.

Available at linkedin:https://www.linkedin.com/in/ahmedkharian/

1 Like

Hello!
I am Courtney and I am a Research and Communications Manager at Lushomo (lushomo.net) - a data, design and communication agency based in Cape Town, South Africa.

We are currently working with WHO to develop a training tool for DHIS2, to enable simple and effective on-boarding for all new users, both during training and in self-learning. We are focusing mainly on the entomology sections, including adult vector surveillance, breeding sites monitoring, insecticide resistance, and IRS and ITN campaign results. This has involved consulting with trainers and users from around the world in several one-on-one consultations to understand some of the features that commonly trip-up new users during on-boarding.

We have joined the DHIS2 community to get more insight and feedback around the key challenges in learning DHIS2 and the way that trainers commonly approach onboarding.

If anyone has the time to help us with improving the support given to users interacting with the tool, can you take a look at our post on the Capacity Building forum, in which we will share our consolidated findings so far and ask for some more input from the community.

We look forward to hearing from you!

2 Likes

Hello there!
My name is Jayasanka.
I’m currently working at OpenMRS as a GSoC intern. I’m working on OpenMRS’s DHIS2 Reporting Module. We use this module to post data from OpenMRS to DHIS2.

It’s a pleasure to join the DHIS2 community! Looking forward to working with you! :hugs:

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

My name is Valentine.
And I’m happy to be part of the ever growing team.

I’m based in East Africa and I got involved with DHIS2 as an experiment to scale the platform in my organisation as my country’s local government (and my organisation’s program partner) utilises it.

Regards!

1 Like

Hi, I’m Thilini. I’m currently working in Epidemiology Unit, Ministry of Health Sri Lanka as a Medical Officer in Health Informatics. We are currently using DHIS 2 based to collect immunisation data.

1 Like

Hi. My name is Thato.
I am based in South Africa working for HISP South Africa as part of the infrastructure team.
I hope to learn quite a bit from everyone here.

1 Like

Am Raymond Baltazary
Am working with MOH Tanzania based as HIMISCo and Syestem data manager

1 Like

Hello my name is Mokete from Botswana. I work for MGIC Botswana as an M&E Officer and i am looking forward to learning a lot from this course.

1 Like

My Name is Jibran Sohail from Pakistan working as DHIS-2 administrator for GFATM project under malaria.
i have been involved in designing and implementation of DHIS-2 Pakistan for high burden malaria district such as 70 districts out of total 136 Districts.

in Pakistan system is being implemented at 4 levels of reporting such as Federal level to province level and cascade it to District level…

System is smooth running till to date with up-gradation in system continuously.

1 Like

Hi all - I am setting a social non-profit enterprise to promote universal access to ‘public’ data and I am joining to develop DHIS2 API access framework - so I will be installing and building - wish me luck :grin:

1 Like

Hi, I am Abdulrahman Sufian from Yemen. I am working as an IMO for supporting Humanitarian NGOs.

1 Like

Hello community members,

I am a Master’s student at the Department of Informatics, University of Oslo, Norway. I am part of the DHIS2 Design lab and developing a Shared Component Platform for my master’s thesis. My research focuses on software component reuse practices and collaboration between HISP groups.

I am interested in learning more about app development practices from community members. Please reach out if you are interested and willing to participate.

1 Like