Weekly Server Admin Meeting Series

The Server Administration team is pleased to announce the Weekly Meetups series to be hosted every Thursday at 12:30 pm (CET) Oslo time. Each meetup will include topics related to server administration, server security and best practices, along with tutorials, talks and guests’ interviews. Webinars’ topics will be advertised in advance on the CoP. Thursday 5th of January meeting topic will be Server Security hardening. Register now by clicking here. If you are unable to attend the Meetups, a recording will be published on the DHIS2 YouTube channel where you can also find the recordings of the 2022 webinars.

12 Likes

Here is the meeting recording, hosted on youtube,
2023 Server Admin Weekly Meetup - Week 1
2023 Server Admin Weekly Meetup - Week 2
2023 Server Admin Weekly Meetup - Week 3
2023 Server Admin Weekly Meetup - Week 4

2 Likes

Hello, my nam’s Peter, and i want to learn DHIS2. Please help me for install DHIS2 on ubuntu 18.04. Best regards

Hello Everyone,
Today’s topic will be ssh tunnelling and jumpHost.
Meeting registration link, Meeting Registration - Zoom

Hi Everyone

This week’s meeting is going to discuss a very important topic - PostgreSQL versions. The community meetings haven’t been very well attended the past month or two, so I am asking you to make a special effort to make sure you forward this on to your relevant team members.

The minimum PostgreSQL version to run DHIS2 has been 9.6 for the past I don’t know how many years. It is beyond time to move to a newer minimum version. So this week we will discuss along the lines of:

(i) features of different PostgreSQL versions
(ii) the minimum version and the recommended version
(ii) try and gather some feedback from you all on what versions are currently out there

Besides some views of Bob and me, we will also be joined by some devs from the backend team to get their perspective. And of course we want to get yours too!

Please do your best to contribute. See you Thursday 12h30 GMT.

2 Likes

Greetings everyone,

This week, our regular server admin weekly call will be replaced by the CoP end-of-year event! The event is scheduled to take place earlier than our usual call time, from 10:00 to 11:00 GMT. Expect exciting presentations and enjoyable moments.

2 Likes

Hi @tkipkurgat, do these weekly Meetups still happen?

1 Like

Hello Mayamiko,
Yes, the calls are still happening,
This week, today, we are wrapping up the topics we initiated last week—concluding our conversation on the new features now supported in dhis2-server-tools. These include:

• Support for multiple domains
  • Backups
  • Unattended upgrades
  • Proxy switching, among other features.

Looking forward to your presence.

1 Like

Hello Everyone,
This week, today, we are wrapping up the topics we initiated last week—concluding our conversation on the new features now supported in dhis2-server-tools. These include:

• Support for multiple domains
  • Backups
  • Unattended upgrades
  • Proxy switching, among other features.

Looking forward to your presence.

For those without a calendar invitation, kindly share your email address here, and I will ensure it’s included in the update to the calendar.

Meeting Registration link: https://forms.gle/5MKriyU2sMQnkbXt5

1 Like

Hi @tkipkurgat,
Thank you for sharing this with me. I was not able to join today but I have included my email in the google doc. Looking forward to joining next week and being a part of the meetings.

Dear Everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to bring up a topic that we discussed during our server academy in Rwanda last year. We conducted a little survey on server hosting and discovered that the majority of deployments are being done in-country data centres.

This week, we are going to have a general discussion on architecting a data centre. What are some of the key considerations we should keep in mind? Topics such as networking, storage, and security amongst others are crucial aspects of this discussion.

Please join us as we delve into these important questions together.

Looking forward to our conversation.
Meeting registration link: https://forms.gle/5MKriyU2sMQnkbXt5

1 Like

Dear All,
I hope this message finds you in good health. Tomorrow, we will continue our discussion on PostgreSQL, building upon last week’s topic. As a reminder, we explored methods to potentially eliminate the need for analytics WAL logs, enabling practical logical replication, among other things. Bob will delve further into Incremental backups during the session.
Looking forward to our discussion.

See you there.
Meeting Registration link: https://forms.gle/5MKriyU2sMQnkbXt5
Time: 1430-1330 GMT +3

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

I’m excited to announce that tomorrow, we’ll have the privilege of hearing from Amjad, who will be guiding us through their infrastructure and application monitoring setup. They have implemented open-source monitoring tools such as Zabbix and Glowroot for APM. Of particular interest is their approach to setting up Glowroot in a centralized manner, providing a comprehensive monitoring solution for all our DHIS2 instances. This promises to be an insightful session, and I encourage everyone to attend.

See you there.

Important links:

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. In our previous discussions, we’ve had valuable conversations regarding PostgreSQL High Availability, covering topics such as physical and logical replication.
This week, we aim to delve into strategies for enhancing the resilience of our proxy system, mitigating the risk of single points of failure. How can we transform our proxy into a highly available and fault-tolerant gateway to our infrastructure?

Please join us tomorrow as we explore this topic further. Your insights and contributions will be greatly appreciated.

Links,

2 Likes

Greetings!!

Just a quick note about tomorrow’s call on OpenSSH scaling, led by Mr. Baboucarr.

We’ll be discussing scaling and securing OpenSSH using TLS certificates, exploring its use cases and benefits.

Your attendance is appreciated, and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

See you there!

Best,

Time: 11:30 - 12:30 GMT

Meeting notes

Suggest Topics here

Meeting Registration link

Hello Everyone,

Heads Up for Dhis2 2.41 Installation:

If you attempted to set up version 2.41 with the server tools, you likely encountered an issue where it wasn’t functioning correctly. Specifically, there’s been a problem with Tomcat 9 unable to locate Java 17. This discrepancy has presented challenges since version 2.41 requires Java 17.

Looking Ahead: Ubuntu 24.04 Compatibility

In addition to addressing the Java 17 issue, I’ll also be discussing potential considerations for Dhis2 on the upcoming Ubuntu 24.04 release.

See you all tomorrow for this informative session!

1 Like