DHIS2 Community September 2022 monthly map, top topics, and helpful members

Members of the DHIS2 Community of Practice continue to show great motivation, interest, and exchange of experiences as well as knowledge. Thank you so much! Here’s the copmonthly for September 2022! :clap::clap:

Top Topics of the Month - September 2022

It’s not a surprise that many are looking forward to the event as this is the first time this lmis academy is launched in DHIS2. This is also a chance for a warm congratulations to those who completed the digital Tracker Use Academy Level 2 in September. :clap::tada:

The second top topic of the month is from the Development - Développement category which received many views too! Developers debug an issue and have an interesting conversion: Failed to install app error for custom app built with App Platform

One interesting topic is about an Implementation - Implémentation use case for tracking turtles and the request is to add custom icons to the android DHIS2 Capture app, 🐢 Custom Icons for Tracking Turtles Implementation

It might interest you as well to know that it’s possible to request custom icons:

How to suggest Icons to the library

DHIS 2 and the new DHIS 2 Android App allows you to select icons for programs, datasets and the options of an optionset. DHIS 2 2.30 incorporates 125 icons. We plan to expand the collection of icons on each future version of DHIS 2- for that we need your help: we are seeking ideas for new icons - please submit yours using this form.
source

Speaking about android, one important post you’d not want to miss, actually feel free to ‘bookmark’ it for future reference, is the recently posted technical guide by @jaime.bosque from @dhis2-android: Android Troubleshooting (technical guide)

Finally but not least, if you can read Portuguese then don’t miss out the three user stories from the Lusophone community! :clap: Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Top 10 Active Users in September 2022

Username Name Country
@jetisco4u Jet NIGERIA
@rithvik rithvik reddy INDIA
@mohammadayub864 Mohammad Ayub Yousafzai AFGHANISTAN
@Ulanbek Ulanbek KYRGYZSTAN
@hernandezmachava Hernandez Machava MOZAMBIQUE
@fernandoshake fernando shake MOZAMBIQUE
@HaydnJ Haydn James UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
@Haliz.t IRAQ
@lillian1n2 Lillian N. KENYA
@joao.machiana Joao Machiana MOZAMBIQUE

And thanks to all helpful members,

Good Samaritans

Without Good Samaritans, there’s no community! We are very thankful to all users for contributing to the CoP especially when helping other users. Samaritans, thank you for making others feel at home!

@raju | @rithvik | @ifoche | @Norah_Stoops | @kstankevitz | @ekhalil | @WumiOjo | @diallotafsir52 | @Josue | @joao.machiana | @didate | @Ulanbek | @Kris_Reinhardt | @mykbitz | @waviles | @ctejo | @Gerald_Thomas | @djhag | @jthomas | @kasozis | @ifeanyiokoye | @@lillian1n2 | @kfeina | @stevie | @Meky | @elmoujarrade | @swoodworth

Bug Hunters

Many users who faced issues and discussed them with the community were very helpful in finding bugs. These bug hunters create Jira issues (with link to the CoP post) and support the development of DHIS2.

@fernando | @Matthew_Boddie | @nnkogift |

Feature Finders

We do tag feature finders in every copmonthly so if you have features that you’d like to share and discuss with the community feel free to make a post in the Development - Développement category as well as share the link to the dhis2.atlassian.net feature request issue so other members can watch and vote. :+1:

@jetisco4u | @Guy_Ekani | @kfeina |

copmonthly map

**Please feel free to PM if you want your picture updated/removed; if you are tagged above but can’t see your picture, please send us your country info and/or your profile picture.**

:star2: Want to be added to the copmonthly map?

1. Complete your profile info (profile picture + country)
  2. Members with the above info are tagged in the map when they help other community members
7 Likes

My special thanks goes to all who contributed to my inquiries. I am now building my second custom data capture app on the app platform which is a bit more complicated than the first one. I looked forward to doing great things with the platform and the picture is now a bit clearer. Heard about DHIS2 some three months ago. But today with the help of the community have been able to:

1. run a local instance in a docker container
  2. run a live virtual instance which is currently being used
  3. build my first custom app for aggregate data capture
  4. working on my second custom app for aggregate + event data capture app
  5. working on a comprehensive dashboard and visualization tool
    and many more
7 Likes