The all-new DHIS2 Android App

The all-new

DHIS2 Android App

2.29 and 2.30 compatible

Get it on

. . .

Our new DHIS2 Android App is officially launched

The new DHIS2 Android App allows offline data capture for event and tracker programs. Data and metadata are automatically synchronized whenever there is internet access.

Read the documentation here
for details of all enhancements, the supported DHIS2 functionalities and recommendations for a field deployment.

What’s new?

• Configurable App theme and icon
  • Easier login and enhanced data protection
  • Attractive, user friendly navigation
  • Fully functional while offline
  • Integrated search/registration for tracker
  • Improved tracker dashboard
  • Pictorial data entry for events
  • Event completeness information
  • And more…
    Find out more details

Check it out!

4 Likes

We would like to start a pilot using the new Android App. Testing the current version revealed a number of bugs in the skip logic and hide/unhide of objects. When can we expect the next release of the updated Android app?

3 Likes

Hi @kasozis
I can’t confirm the exact date yet, but we are very close to release. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s good to know.

3 Likes

Congrats the team for your hard works. I recently downloaded the App from the play-store and tried (2.29) but it got crashed, require to restart it, not able to enter data in the few fields, program rules are not working as expected. Then I went to dhis.org site and refer android documentation but in the manual the screenshots are of the older version, not matching with the app and the manual. Looking for best and appropriate guidance. Thanking all

3 Likes

Hi @Sangay_Tenzin,

thanks for testing out the App. We would need some more details though to help you debug your problem. We recommend you to report your errors to Jira with details on:

• The steps to reproduce the error.
  • Mobile device
  • Android OS version
  • DHIS2 version

Regarding documentation, please check this document it is updated and in the case some screens look different, is a design change, not a functional change.

Thanks!
Marta

3 Likes

How to get connected?
I tried with this but I couldn’t.
URL: DHIS 2 Demo - Sierra Leone
User name: android
Pwd: android123

3 Likes

Hi @McCurtis,

Pwd is Android123 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @Pablo.

The App is Syncing.

4 Likes

Super kewl…

Lemme try and test the same and will revert if any suggestions…

Thanks

2 Likes

Upcoming DHIS2 Android Development and Implementations Academy, Level 2

As an Android Developer, do you want to learn the basics of the DHIS2 Android SDK to create your own Android App, including good practices on user experience design, testing, debugging and publication channels?

Or

As an implementer, do you want to learn more on DHIS2 Android applications and the best practices for mobile deployments?

Register to our Android Development and Implementations Academy to be held from 10 to 13 December May in Negombo, Sri Lanka.

This 4-day Academy will include a mix of plenary sessions bringing Implementers and Developers together and parallel sessions targeting each specific group. More info. on https://www.dhis2academy.org/negombo-android-2019/

See you in Negombo!

4 Likes

Hello,

Tried connecting DHIS2 app with our server but its not taking the URL and username password.

Kindly suggest advice if anything is wrong here. Or it only connects to any specific database.

Thanks

3 Likes

Hey hi Pablo,

Please confirm if we can use this app with our own DHIS2 server aswell. Otherwise i dont see the use of this if we dont have the way to connect to our own database.

Thanks,

4 Likes

Hi @usfreak13,

you can connect the app to your DHIS2 server as long as you are using 2.29 or 2.30.
For older versions you need to use the old apps.
For 2.31, we will release a new version by the end of the week.

Which kind of error are you receiving?

Thanks,
Marta

4 Likes

Hello Marta,

Im using 2.30 and error im getting is unable to connect check server url username and password.

But on google chrome the link is also opening and login is also fine.

But its not getting registered on the Android app…cant understand the reason and error.

Put some light if you have any.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Rahul!,

You should check the server url, we have seen other cases like the one you describe.
The link can redirect you to the login screen on web yes, but that does not mean it is the “server url”. The app needs the whole path to where dhis is installed in the server.

For example:

In this case, DHIS 2 Demo - Sierra Leone is the server url. But there are cases where there is an extra path in the url before /api.

Let me know if that helps you. And if you are having trouble and you can share your server url we could have a look.

4 Likes

Dear Pablo,

Thanks for the info. I’ve already tried various means and ways by putting different URL’s with full path and otherwise but its not connecting.

In my case its now stuck at authenticating screen and not moving a head from there.

Any way would you like to suggest for the same.

My URL is - http://180.151.244.196:8080/dhis

Please have a look and check if this is connecting in your app.

Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Hi @usfreak13,

we would need testing credentials to test the log in. Would you mind sending them to @Pablo (pajuelo@quadram.mobi) and me (marta@dhis2.org).

Best,
Marta

2 Likes

Hi @usfreak13,

I’ve found the issue comes from the API call to:

http://180.151.244.196:8080/dhis/api/me?fields=id,code,name,displayName,created,lastUpdated,birthday,education,gender,jobTitle,surname,firstName,introduction,employer,interests,languages,email,phoneNumber,nationality,deleted,userCredentials[id,code,name,displayName,created,lastUpdated,deleted,username,userRoles[id,code,name,displayName,created,lastUpdated,deleted]]

Seems a problem with the brackets. Please check this post:

6 Likes

Hi,

If this is caused by the common “bracket problem” (that tomcat 8.0.35 or later does not allow square brackets unless it has been explicitly permitted via a setting in Tomcat’s “server.xml” configuration file), then the problem should appear when opening e.g. Tracker Capture in the web too… Rahul, does Tracker Capture opens normally in your browser?

Regards
Calle

4 Likes