Part of the Integrating tracker and aggregate data in DHIS2 DAC2021 Session: Wednesday 23nd June 14:00
If you are attending the DHIS2 Annual Conference, more details on this session are available here.
If you have not yet registered to the DHIS2 Annual Conference, do not hesitate to visit the DHIS2 Annual Conference website and secure your spot!
Linking tracker and aggregate data models to enhance tracker analytics
Hi, my name is Pete and I’m a software engineer working at BAO Systems, currently living close to Cambridge (UK). I thought up the idea for this application in early 2021, developed it using the DHIS2 application platform and have been using it in my work with clients at BAO.
In the presentation I will be demonstrating how to create advanced tracker analytics by piping tracker data into the aggregate data model using a combination of the PDAC app, program indicators and indicators. This allows tracker data to make use of disaggregations in a way not possible using the tracker data model alone.
With this data flow, the power of program indicators in tracker and complex disaggregations in aggregate work together to give an extremely useful way of viewing tracker analytics, making it easier to spot trends and patterns in the data and help make better data driven decisions.
During the presentation I will show how a normal DHIS2 tracker analytics setup can be enhanced using the app, I will cover the following topics:
- Initial setup required on the aggregate side
- How to create program indicators for disaggregations by hand
- Demonstrate the growing complexity of this method
- Show how the PDAC app is used to automate this process using category option filters
- See the program indicators, indicators and indicator groups outputted by the app
- Understand how these are linked to the aggregate configuration
- Show the data transfer process and final result
The presentation will be held on Wednesday the 23 June, 14:00 – 15:00 CEST