Program Dataset Connector: PDAC

Hi @gastonharera :wave:

For example, if your aim is to get the number of patients with X, disaggregated by male and female. The program indicator you use in the PDAC app should only count the number of patients with X (and should not include and filtering on male or female). As the app will generate the program indicators with the gender disaggregations for you.

What happened if the app is not autogenerating the disagragations program indicators? and what to do ? or the name of the data element should be the same as the PI?

The name of the DE and PI do not need to match, I’m afraid there is not enough detail in your question to provide a solution for you. Please could you make a screen recording of your process and share it so we can better understand the problem.

1 Like

hello Peter, eg. i wanted to map data element with category options, and the program indicators with disaggregations by sexe is not generated by the app?

That all looks correct so far. Are you able to click the save button after entering the Female disaggregation filter? What happens when you click generate mapping on the main page after this? Do you get any particular kind of error message?

Hello @plinnegan

with DHIS version 2.37.6.1, i can generate mapping but with DHIS version 2.37.4, it is not generating data, is the version not supporting the PDC app? thank you

@gastonharera Can you recreate this problem on play?

1 Like

Hi there,
I am using the PDAC app to map data elements to program indicators and the app does it correctly, creating the required program indicators based on the category combo assigned to the data elements. It also put the resulting program indicators into groups, but I have a few concerns as below:

1. After watching the video, I expect to see also indicators and indicator groups created by the app just was showed in your example. This did not happen in my case (not sure what step I may be missing).
  2. In an attempt to export and import the dataset values, I am not sure which keyword can be used to specify the Program Indicator group. I see data element group and indicator group can be specified in the API using keyword DE_GROUP-, IN_GROUP- respectfully.

@plinnegan

Hey @Quoda :wave:

Glad to hear you are using the app! Sadly that video is slightly out of date now. The app by default only generates program indicators and program indicator groups. However, if you open the Datastore management app then on the left hand side look under ‘event-aggregate-mapper’ then ‘metadata’ you should see a setting called ‘generateIndicators’. If you tick this then restart the app, it will generate the indicators and indicator group as you saw in the video.

This will allow you to use the same keyword as in the original video to export the values from the indicator group.

Hope this helps!
Pete

1 Like

@plinnegan Aha, thanks for your response. Much appreciated!
In the final step, by “restart the app” what exactly do you mean?

Run the cache cleaner app and then refresh the page should do the trick.

2 Likes

Hi @plinnegan, confirming that it did the trick, I really appreciate your help.

1 Like

Happy to help! Have a great rest of your day :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

In situations where you have more than just one indicator groups (ie, the mapping generates multiple indicator groups to be exported and imported for a single dataset), its not practical to repeat this process of export/import for all the indicator groups for the numerous org units the dataset may be assigned to. I can only think of writing a script that will automate this process at the end of the reporting period (weekly/monthly). But I wanted to know if this is something you have automated in a way other than writing a script @plinnegan

1 Like

@Quoda I have not used it personally, but the new Aggregate data exchange feature in DHIS2 might be what you are looking for to do the data transfer using native DHIS2 functionality. Have a look at the docs here:

1 Like