List of the countries shown in the chart at https://www.dhis2.org/inaction

I’m trying to get an updated list of countries that are using DHIS2 as their national HMIS, and whether they’re in pilot or full rollout (ie the data on which the chart in In Action - DHIS2 is based). I realise I could click individually on each of the 91 countries and copy the data, but I’m hoping to avoid having to do that. :wink:

I think there used to be a list at Downloads - DHIS2, but that’s now showing as “Access denied” - is there any other page I can use to monitor this list as it changes?

1 Like

@kjerstin I think you can answer this one.

1 Like

Hi Samuel,

We do you not have list on the website. Here is a list of the countries and Indian states that use DHIS2.

Best regards,
Kjerstin

Afghanistan
Algeria
Andhra Pradesh
Angola
Arunachal Pradesh
Assam
Bangladesh
Benin
Bihar
Botswana
Burkina Faso
Burundi
Cambodia
Cameroon
Chhattisgarh
Colombia
Comoros
Dem. Rep. Congo
Djibouti
East Timor
Eritrea
Ethiopia
Gambia
Ghana
Goa
Guinea
Guinea Bissau
Grenada
Haiti
Haryana
Himachal Pradesh
Honduras
Indonesia
Ivory Coast
Iraq
Jammu and Kashmir
Jharkhand
Karnataka
Kenya
Kerala
Laos
Lebanon
Lesotho
Liberia
Libya
Madagascar
Madhya Pradesh
Maharashtra
Malawi
Maldives
Mali
Manipur
Mauritania
Meghalaya
Mizoram
Mongolia
Mozambique
Myanmar
Nagaland
Namibia
Nepal
Niger
Nigeria
Odisha
Pakistan
Palestine
Punjab
Rwanda
Senegal
Sierra Leone
Sikkim
Solomon Islands
Somalia
Somaliland
South Africa
South Sudan
Sri Lanka
Sudan
Tajikistan
Tamil Nadu
Tanzania
Togo
Uganda
Uttar Pradesh
Uttarakhand
Vanuatu
Vietnam
West Bengal
Zambia
Zimbabwe

Hi Kirsten,

Many thanks for this. Is it possible to also get their status (eg ‘National scale’) and the year in which this status was reached? (Both of these are on the map.) If possible, it would also be great to filter out Indian States (I’m not sure why they’re in the list?).

We’d ideally like to monitor this list for changes, and we may also be able to contribute updates where we find out that a status has changed, eg from ‘pilot’ to ‘national scale’. Is it possible to have this list available on the website? (If it’s at all possible, having Downloads - DHIS2 publicly accessible would be ideal, as that page is still referenced by a number of external websites, such as the MEASURE Evaluation HIS Indicators.)

Many thanks,

Sam.

This is a very good point and very good feedback, @SamuelJohnson!

I believe @olatitle might have a spreadsheet that feeds into the data into the map. Maybe this list can be made publicly available in addition to the map itself.

2 Likes

I’m also interested in the same type of information that Sam is asking for. Please let us know if this information can be made publicly available.

Rgds,
J.C.

1 Like

Many thanks, Karoline, that would be great!

Cheers, Sam

1 Like

Hi Sam,

As a short term solution I have made a list available. This is a copy of what the /inaction page is based on today:

A bit longer term we are planning to revamp our website and then we will make a read-only version of this data available in a nicer layout. As you can see the backend file is a bit cryptic.

The /deployments page we have discontinued, that was just a static list that we are not maintaining.

Ola

7 Likes

Hi Ola,

Many thanks, that list is really helpful. I look forward to seeing the ‘live’ data available on the website, but in the meantime this give us everything we need.

Thanks again, Sam.

2 Likes

HI Ola

Bangladesh information need update. Bangladesh Pilot was started in 2009, national scale started in 2011 tracker pilot started in 2013, tracker scale started in 2015 and android is OK.

Regards

Hannan

2 Likes

Hi Hannan,

I have updated the information on Bangladesh.

Best regards,
Kjerstin

3 Likes

Hi Ola - Kjerstin…can you share with me any changes in status for 2019 to the google doc excel list you shared last November? Or is a summary list now posted on the website somewhere?

Thanks so much - Karin

2 Likes

Hi!

I would like to know also if there is an updated version of the spreadsheet with the projects of 2019.
I also agree with @SamuelJohnson that would be ideal having Downloads - DHIS2 publicly accessible…

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @jaime.bosque,

Seems the …./deployment was discontinued as @ola had mentioned. Tagging @maxk to help out with this (an updated version of the spreadsheet with current projects)

1 Like

It looks like we can put something together. I’ll work on it and follow up when I have something to share

1 Like

Hello everyone. I am a researcher focused on pregnant women and newborns. We are now conducting a University study (more precisely a scoping review project) on sites and systems with the ability to collect individually and prospectively (tracker) maternal and child data (MNCH). Does anyone know how or where I can obtain the data of which are the current sites that collect this type of data? At the moment, Bangladesh, Uganda, Palestine and India seem to be the main Dhis2 countries with these characteristics. However, we do not know the specific site, that is, the district or city of each one. thanks!

1 Like

Hi all. Happy to report that we have updated the map on our DHIS2 In Action page, and the new version contains an integrated option for displaying the country list (viewable by clicking the “View list of implementations” link below the map).

You can also click on the items in the left sidebar to display different DHIS2 contexts and deployments, such as Tracker, Android, and Covid-19.

I hope this is helpful! Feel free to let us know if there are further enhancements to the DHIS2 website that you would like to see.

4 Likes

Has there been an updated list of countries using DHIS2? I am specifically looking to know the number of African Countries using DHIS2.