Introduce yourself

Hello community members,

I’ve been here for a couple of months and I am glad to be a part of this community. I’ve introduced myself in the developers Slack group and since I’m engaging here as well, I thought it would be nice to introduce myself here too. I’m an Information Technology student from Sana’a, Yemen.

I’m currently the coordinator for Yemen’s DHIS2 Core Team assisting UNICEF and Yemen’s Ministry of Health and Public Population (MoPHP) in the implementation of DHIS2 as a National Health Information
Management System (NHIMS).

DHIS2 is a great platform because of two things: the DHIS2 community and the use of technology to serve other fields such as health and education; therefore, DHIS2 has become my main focus, and I wish to be helpful in this community. :heart:

I used to write poetry but I’ve been learning to improve my coding skills so I don’t write poetry as much; however, I thought about writing this for you all:

20 Likes

Hi Community!
I’m Frederik Frøen, Chief Scientist and Professor at the Global Health Cluster at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health in Oslo. I lead the eRegistries initiative at the NIPH, and I’ve been working on the development and implementations of DHIS2 eRegistries with DHIS2 colleagues at UiO since 2013.
My work typically involves implementation research and trials of the effectiveness of various aspects of DHIS2 eRegistries in low and middle income settings, and I also work with implementation support and capacity development in partner countries. My main scientific field is in maternal and child health, but I am also involved in eRegistries for immunization programs and child nutrition and growth programs.
Happy to (finally) join the community!
F=)

2 Likes

I am called George Opiyo Awino, working with the Ministry of Health, Homa Bay County. I am charged with the duty of coordinating referral services, linkages, and emergency care. I deal with continuum of care for patients of all categories, linking them within and without health facilities, programs, and communities for good health outcomes.
As I had indicated, I am a beginner in the utilization of DHIS2. I was registered but I can’t access data through hiskenya (DHIS2 for Kenya) because I forgot my username and password. Who can help me reactivate my account, or register me afresh?
Please connect me with someone who can help me. I appreciate joining this family.
Thank you
George Opiyo Awino
Referral Services and Emergency Care Coordinator
Homa Bay County, Kenya

1 Like

Welcome to the community George Opiyo Awino @Georgeopiyo71 and thank you for posting! Resting the password depends on the policy of the system owners and whether you had an email or other info.

There’s a support category where members can post to ask for support. Would you post your question in the support category? And I will continue to see how we can help. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello A-Gassim,

My name is Basheer Aboullaban, I’m working with Relief Experts Association which implements medical projects in Syria.

I wish you continued success in your work,

3 Likes

Hi everyone :blush:.

My name is Mayamiko Mendamenda, I am currently an Strategic Information Intern at Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia. I specifically work with the data manager and strategic information officers to develop data collection tools for a number of health programs and research studies. DHIS2 happens to be one of the tools we use and it has been interesting learning more about it.

I am willing to learn, collaborate and gain experience with DHIS2. I am excited to be part of the community.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Hi all
My name is Erick Boniventure from Tanzania
I’m working with PSI Tanzania as an MIS Officer, in PSI Tanzania almost all programs use DHIS 2, So every day every time I must interact with DHIS 2.
I have been involved in creating Data visualization Dashboards, Creating Org units, Program indicators,s and Data sets for the A360 project in PSI Tanzania.
I’m interested in coding ( Am also a Software developer)

3 Likes

Hi Rebecca. Nice to “meet” you. I am kind of confused: are you not the technical leader for Global health? If yes, is there any specific link or category where interactions happens?

1 Like

Hello @Basheer, welcome to the community! I’m looking forward to hearing about the medical projects you are working on. I hope you will benefit from the Community of Practice in getting answers for your critical questions and the necessary support for the DHIS2 implementations.

Thank you!

1 Like

You are very welcome @Mayamiko!

1 Like

This is really great @erickboniventure3! Welcome to community! I’m looking forward to your interaction with the developer community (Development - Développement ) as well. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you very much. It is my pleasure.

2 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

Hello everyone! My name is Robert Arciaga.

I am functionally a DHIS2 newbie fresh off the first DHIS2 Academy.

I am the de-facto manager of a regional DHIS2 instance in WHO Western Pacific Regional Office. Hoping to learn quickly from everyone here. :grin:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @ArciagaR! Congratulations on finishing the DHIS2 Academy level 1, and good luck with completing level 2 as well! :smiley: Looking forward to your participation in the community. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Everyone. Am Hillary Rwandekeye from Uganda, Kampala. Am new to DHIS2 and teaching myself a way around the use and implementation of DHIS2. Am much interested in Data Science tools.

2 Likes

Really Thank you for your interest in me … but to tell the truth it is I who greatly interferes with your activity which may be ours

that said, I am Mr. Koutouan Mathias of IVOIRIAN nationality (Ivory Coast: I speak French and I do my best in English) I am an Engineer in Computer Science of Specialty Database Systemes … I am Certify:
ITILV4 Foundation IT Service Management
Prince 2 Project Management
I prepare other certifications like AWS, GCP and STORAGE

I give trainings in the private universities of Bamako … I also do data analysis, BI Business Intelligence with certain tools like PowerBi and Tableau 9/10, R language …

I am passionate about data manipulation, which is my value being on your platform today. I really liked this DHIS2 platform that you had intelligently make … so I grabbed quickly to start the fundamental level and since then I have been sticking

2 Likes

Amazing! I am sure you’ll perform well using the DHIS2 software. Welcome to the community @KOUTOUAN!

1 Like

thanks bro

2 Likes

Hi, My name is Mohammad Ariful ISLAM, but you can call me Ariful. Now I’m working for an INGO in Bangladesh rohynga response as Health Outreach Program Manager. Here I’m pretty new and joined to sharpen my knowledge, as well as utilize a few toolkit for better implementation of my running project.

4 Likes