Celebrating 30 Years of HISP!

2024 is the 30th anniversary of the start of the original HISP action research project. Please join us in celebrating 30 years of HISP!

To mark this anniversary, we will publish and share stories throughout the year from people and groups who have helped HISP grow from its roots as an action research project in post-apartheid South Africa to a global movement supporting DHIS2.

We’re starting off with an interview with Dr. @prosper Behumbiize about his more than 14 years of working with DHIS2 and HISP in Uganda, and how this work has contributed to sustainable information systems for the Ministry of Health and other partners. Read the interview on our website.

We also encourage all members of the DHIS2 to community to share your own stories about your experiences with HISP here on the Community of Practice, and we’re looking forward to celebrating this anniversary in person at the 2024 DHIS2 Annual Conference!

12 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Thank you @bettyfek and welcome to the DHIS2 Community of Practice! :tada:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: The 2024 DHIS2 Annual Conference, 10-13 June! Register NOW!

I was working for HISP-Ethiopia way back 2003-2007. Most of our work at that time was promoting DHIS2 to use for health system and it was tough to convince people. Recently, I rejoined HISP-Ethiopia, now we have been asked for technical support to use the DHIS2 for their routine activities, that is a great achievement of HISP. The big change that I have seen is earlier the promotion was made by HISP, now the promotion has been made by users.
CONGRATULATION for all HISP networks and special CONGRA. to JORN

2 Likes

@Birkinesh Thanks a lot for sharing your story, and welcome back to the HISP network! That’s a great comment to hear about how DHIS2 use in now being driven by user demand :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This is recommendable

1 Like