What's the really meaning of "related program" in program configuration?

Hello,
I don’t really konw the meaning of “related program” in program configuration, can give some infer?

Thanks

1 Like

Hello, the related program optiom is used when you have two programs that have TEIs that have a relationship. I.e one program for pregnant women and you have another program for children. You might want to link a child to a mother in the pregnant women program.

1 Like

so ,
Am I need add relationship in relationship management ?
can we add relationship other program’s tei?

Thanks.

Thanks for the answer @Barnabas_Akumba! Does this somehow has to do with the indicators of both related programs?

And if two programs are not ‘related programs’ then it’s not possible to create relationships between the TEI of each program?

Thanks! ( :

Hi, if I can get some details about the program you are trying to setup, then I can be able to advise better.

Hi @Gassim, relationship doesn’t have to do with the indicators.
Yes. The ‘related programs’ option enables relationships. If it isn’t enabled then the relationships feature won’t work.

1 Like

but, how to add more than one related program?

1 Like

@Barnabas_Akumba , thanks! ( :

Good question!

Hi @linxd , at the moment, the relationship feature only works with one program only. You can only define the relationship between one program and another. It isnt possible to setup relationship with multiple programs

1 Like

@linxd If you really think that it’s a necessary feature to create relationships between more than two programs then you are welcome to create a Jira feature issue in jira.dhis2.org and discussing this idea with the community will encourage them to add their votes to the issue.

Thank you so much @Barnabas_Akumba!

Within the program that is correct you can only set up one relation only to a program.
Using the Relationship Type will make to programs work with related TEI, kind of achieving multiple relationship per program

1 Like

Thanks @tiha! I hope @linxd this is what you are trying to achieve, relationships between TEI in two related programs? :slightly_smiling_face:

Thant’s a way

1 Like

Hi @Barnabas_Akumba,

How would I configure the relationship between household (parent case) and household members (child case)? I see two concepts when it comes to defining a relationship: related program as mentioned by Lin and relationship type.

Thanks.

Hi @fernandoshake,

I would suggest creating a Relationship Type to create these type of relationships.
There is more information on how to do that in the docs: Programs - DHIS2 Documentation

Related program does not really impact relationships at all, for now it is mainly just a dropdown in the Maintenance app for users there to see if there is a related program to the one they are reviewing.

Best regards,
Karoline

1 Like