Using orgunit groups in report tables and charts

Hi,

I have just created this blueprint:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/orgunit-groups-in-report-outputs

After reading your email again I just realised that I was thinking a little differently here. I thought you meant that you would like to see data aggregated by these groups as well, but now I see that you are just interested in improving the way we select orgunits by adding more filters, and not necessarily in how data is processes after that. Although I think these two are very much related and coming up with a list of orgunits of the same type/group is half way to aggregating a total for these as well.

What I can say for sure is that this is something that has come up in several places and is high up on the list of priorities for the 2.0.6 release.

Anyway, we’ll probably need two separate blueprints for this, so I suggest that you Hynek go ahead and create a new one with a better name for what you are suggesting and then I will change the contents of this one to describe what I was thinking about regarding aggregation by orgunit group and group set.

I’ll also try to dig up some old emails from Edem (I think) who described the need for report tables with data aggregated by orgunit type in stead of orgunit.

···

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
Department of Informatics
University of Oslo

Mobile: +47 48069736
Home address: Vetlandsvn. 95B, 0685 Oslo, Norway. Googlemaps link

On 20 October 2010 11:26, Ola Hodne Titlestad olati@ifi.uio.no wrote:

Hi Hynek,

Thanks for the suggestions to improvements. Can quickly say that we have already been planning to use orgunit groups/groupsets in report tables, and it looks like this will be scheduled for the 2.0.6 release. I’ll create a blueprint for this and we can discuss the details there. Please see my other email to the list about blueprints and bugs.

Ola

On 20 October 2010 08:56, Hynek Kruzik kruzik@gnomon.cz wrote:

Public bug reported:

I would like to propose some improvements in table reports, charts and data marts.

1. Selection of Org. unit groups would be very helpful

2. possibility to create more sofisticated selection filters of OU by combining parent OU, levels and OU groups together. Eg.

• Selection of Parent OU = Bangladesh and selection of all OU levels and selection of OU group = Public Health will return a list of all members of the group Public Health at all levels. If one will change to Level 2 only than selection will change to those members of the group that are on the level 2 (Division) only. I would propose to enable multiple level selection.

• Selection of OU = Division1 and selection of all OU level = Upazila and selection of OU group = Public Health will return a list of all members of the group Public Health that are at Upazila level accross all districts in a Division1.

• etc.

** Affects: dhis2

Importance: Undecided

Reports and datamarts OU selection improvement

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/663697

You received this bug notification because you are a member of DHIS 2

coordinators, which is the registrant for DHIS.

Status in DHIS 2 - District Health Information Software: New

Bug description:

I would like to propose some improvements in table reports, charts and data marts.

1. Selection of Org. unit groups would be very helpful

2. possibility to create more sofisticated selection filters of OU by combining parent OU, levels and OU groups together. Eg.

• Selection of Parent OU = Bangladesh and selection of all OU levels and selection of OU group = Public Health will return a list of all members of the group Public Health at all levels. If one will change to Level 2 only than selection will change to those members of the group that are on the level 2 (Division) only. I would propose to enable multiple level selection.

• Selection of OU = Division1 and selection of all OU level = Upazila and selection of OU group = Public Health will return a list of all members of the group Public Health that are at Upazila level accross all districts in a Division1.

• etc.