Translation to Tagalog (Filipino)

Hi all

I am looking to help with the translations of DHIS2 into various languages as we are using these languages in our organization. We are obviously translating our database language, but having the interface language available in native languages certainly also helps users in our implementation countries.

I have registered on https://translate.dhis2.org but am unsure on the process to create a new language or to contribute to another translation. We are looking to create Tagalog (Filipino), but also are working in some other languages that we will be translating.

Are there specific guidelines and verification processes that one needs to go through?

2 Likes

Hi @Terence_Scott,

I’m sorry not to respond sooner, I’ve only seen your post now! Have you made any progress on this?

If not, I can try to help out. We are hoping to improve and streamline the process of adding translations. That will be achieved in part by moving to another platform (though we will continue to support the old translation server in parallel for a while) and automating some parts of the process that have been bottlenecks until now. This is a work-in-progress, and we will document the process as it becomes more defined. Until then I’d be happy to support you in your initiative.

Kind regards,
Phil

1 Like

Hi @phil

Apologies for my delay this time!

No, we have not really been able to make any progress on this front - I looked into the translate.dhis2.org space, but as I mentioned, it was not really clear as to how we could contribute and how we could initiate the translations.

It would be great if you could share some information on exactly how to go about the process. Luckily, this is not very urgent for our project at the moment, but is more of a longer term goal to improve usability across the board.

I look forward to any advice or suggestions that you may be able to provide.

Thanks!
Terence

1 Like

Hi @Terence_Scott,

We have about one third of the apps in a new translation platform now. I am on leave right now, but will be back in two weeks, and so hope to get the rest of the apps in by early August. Once the workflows are set up we’ll publish some clearer instructions on how to contribute translations. One of our aims with the new platform is to streamline the process, and automate where possible, so that new translations are easier to contribute, and get into supported versions of DHIS2 much faster than before!

Feel free to contact me in August, if you still don’t have enough info, and you really need to get started! (It’s possible to contribute now, but the process may evolve slightly as we complete the setup, so we are reluctant to publish the full details until finalised).

Kind regards,
Phil

1 Like

Great! Thanks Phil - the new platform and instructions would certainly be helpful and I look forward to seeing them when ready. As mentioned, there is no major rush on our side, so we are happy to wait until things are ready before starting.

I appreciate the info and support.

Thanks!

Terence

3000x750 with website.png

1 Like

Hi @Terence_Scott

In case you miss it, we just announced the new platform here: The new DHIS2 translation platform is now available!

Sorry for the delay on this.

Phil

1 Like

Hi @phil

This is amazing news! Thanks for the follow up and thanks to the team for putting this into place.

We will begin looking into the translations and contributing where possible!

1 Like