Translating DHIS2 into Romanian

Hi, community.
I need to translate DHIS2 into Romanian.
Can someone help me with the description of the necessary steps? Is it usually possible?

Thanks in advance,
Valeriu

1 Like

Hi @vplesca,

Yes this is possible,

Have you seen this docs please (Localization of DHIS2 - DHIS2 Documentation)? I wasn’t able to find Romanian in Transifex so you might be the first actually.

Good initiative! :+1:

Thank you!

@Gassim
I have not seen it. Regarding Good initiative: I’m not sure I have time now, but I’ll probably try :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I understand but it always starts with a thoughtful idea! I changed the title of your topic post to ‘Translating DHIS2 into Romanian’ so that maybe you get other interested people into supporting this initiative. :+1:

Thanks @Gassim, I moved the conversation from Support - Assistance technique to Translation - Traduction

2 Likes

And, if I am right, I need help /assistance to add the Romanian language to Transifex.
Who can I contact for help?
Ia: Priority is Capture

1 Like

@jason, maybe You can help or suggest who can?
I have a profile on transifex

1 Like

Hi @vplesca
I think @phil can help with this!

Regards,
Jason

1 Like

Also, please see the docs here…

1. Email the DHIS 2 team at translate@dhis2.org to request access.
    Please provide: - the name, email address and translation language of the user(s) you would like us to give access to, and - a little bit of information about why you are interested in contributing to the DHIS 2 translations
1 Like

Hi @vplesca - let me add Romanian as a language for you.

1 Like

@phil & @Matthieu thans

2 Likes

Looking forward to see some translation in Romanian :+1:

1 Like

@vplesca , please note that you could also work in the translation of the Android App if you wish.

Multumim! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jaime.bosque thanks :slight_smile:

Hi @vplesca – could you share any information about your DHIS2 project in Romanian? I think this is the first time it has been used in that language, so I’m curious what you use case is!

1 Like

Hi @maxk.
I am trying to implement a questionnaire for a “Recency HIV infection” research, metadata are here, the questionnaire must be implemented in 2 languages: Romanian and Russian. But the terms burn and I doubt which application to use - the minimum are: data entry and export to Excel. It took me a while to process the data, I’m afraid that if the export to Excel will take a long time I will look for alternatives.

Sorry for the sincerity :slight_smile:,
Valeriu

1 Like

Ok, thanks!

Maybe one of our Russian-speaking experts like @YuryR can take a look at your other post and see if they can provide some insight into what the issue might be.

Possibly, but I don’t think it’s necessary to know Russian or Romanian to understand the problem, the problem is me or DHIS. I need to understand if this is my problem then what is the solution; if it’s a DHIS problem…
At the moment I have to decline the version 2.36 because of this issue.
Other issues have been resolved so far, including with the help of @YuryR, Many thanks to him :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @vplesca

Could you be more specific about what challenges you are facing? Did you encounter an error? Is the export slow?

Its really impossible to say what might be the problem without more specificity. Please describe in detail what the issue is, and we can try and help further.

Best regards,
Jason

1 Like

Hi @jason,
Sorry if I wasn’t explicit. I did not say that I had problems with the export. Exporting is the next task I have to deal with, if I have problems I will write.
The current problem is that I have to switch to a newer version than 2.36, the reason I’m not satisfied with 2.36 is described here.
The problem I have in versions 2.37 and 2.38 is here.

1 Like