Tracker and event programs: compulsory fields, completing, approving

Hi all!
I’m wrestling with how to allow front line folks (not data people) to collect simple data in semi-“real time” while ensuring our performance indicators include only true, accurate data. (I’m sure I’m not alone in this…)

Do program indicators include data from events (either in event capture or tracker program stages) that are NOT completed? (I think yes) Is there a way to turn this on or off? We have compulsory data fields which are preventing the user from completing the stage until they have filled in the data element, but it doesn’t appear to prevent that event from syncing or showing up in analytics (meaning, any data that has been entered for the incomplete stage is included in indicators). An example of the problem is that the user will start a TEI registration/stage and fill out a few fields, then realize he was in the wrong OU and start over, but the original partial submission has synced. We were hoping to figure out an approach where incomplete records, where all compulsory fields are not completed, would simply not be counted. Since there are no approval workflows for tracker, have others found workarounds for ensuring completeness and accuracy of tracker data besides verifying each individual entry, and not reporting numbers until we have verified everything?

Also, is there a way to lock data entry for an entire program, per set time period in a tracker or event program? I’m trying to prevent users from erroneously registering clients or events in previous quarters.

Thanks for any advice!
~Natalie

1 Like

Hi @Natalie_Tibbels, tagging the @dhis2-tracker team on this.

Hello @Natalie_Tibbels ,
Have you solved the problem? I’m new to DHIS2 and noticed the same. Actually all that COMPULSORY fields in tracker attribute fields are not working.
Could you please share your solutions here?
Thanks.
Regards, Ulanbek