Suggest: different start page for different user

I think every users has his/her own start page is more useful.

1 Like

Hi @linxd,

Thank you for making a suggestion! Maybe other community members would like to discuss this as well.

You know that it is already possible to make a dashboard only shareable and viewable to one user (or certain group of users) and it’s the first thing that starts.

However, my question is what is the alternative in your perception to the dashboard? From your perspective, what should this landing page contain?

Thank you!

1 Like

I think every user should set their start page as their well.

for capture, capture app.
for manager,the dashboard.
for systtem manager ,should maintain app…

1 Like

Hi,
Reducing the need for unnecessary navigation is always a good idea!

The easy way to implement a personal start page with the current version of DHIS2 is to create a personal dashboard with the links and features you want at hand. Embedding specific features such as capture or maintainence might require too much web development skills.

If I understand you correctly, what you suggest is that each individual could set the “app” or page they want to go to upon logon based on their personal preference. Or alternatively that the system administrator can control the landing after logon for each person.

Great idea in my opinion!

Best regards,
Paul

1 Like

yes,you are right!

1 Like

You are welcome to create a feature request @linxd in jira.dhis2.org

@Paul thanks for sharing your opinion, if @linxd creates the Jira issue, I will add my vote because I’ve heard this during a dhis2 training, and you can add yours as well!

1 Like

OK. I have created a feature request.

2 Likes

Hi folks,

HISP SA has develop an application that can rout individual users to different landing pages. They describe it here: Improve your user experience with Route my User

You can watch a demo video here: DHIS2 App submissioin.mp4 - Google Drive

@Elmarie_Claasen or @Djibril_Dione can you weigh in here or provide any more information about how the community can use your application?

1 Like

Thanks @linxd! I added my vote, https://jira.dhis2.org/browse/DHIS2-12308

@Scott thank you! I’d love to check out the app, thank you for sharing! I can’t find it in the app hub though.

@Elmarie_Claasen and @Djibril_Dione thank you! :blush:

1 Like

I have added my vote too, as I think it would be a useful feature for the platform core.

1 Like

Is it possible now to redirect a user to different app or url based on their role or group? I think a system admin should be able to configure the app to setup user redirect based on the role.

Alternatively can I use the user app authority to achieve the same objective? For example lets say a user role does not have the authority to access the dashboard app but was granted access to the data entry app. If I have setup the default landing page as dashboard what now happen to the user since he doesn’t have the authority to access dashboard?

copy: @Gassim @linxd @Scott

Please I will like to know if it is possible to setup the system to redirect user to a specific app/page based on their user role or group. In the current setting I saw, all users will be directed to the same page say dashboard which doesn’t look good since we have restricted use for the apps.

Hi @jetisco4u

Short answer to your question, this is still not possible directly; however, please do refer to the app mentioned by @Scott above.

It’s recommended that all users are given access to the dashboard app and even if they have access it doesn’t mean all dashboards need to be shared with all users.

Thanks!

thanks @Gassim in our case some users don’t have need for the dashboard. I decided to reclone the menu management app as a landing page app to welcome users and conditionally show them quick links to app they are approved for.

1 Like

@jetisco4u that’s great! :+1::+1:

1 Like