Run Android App on local environment

Hi All,

How can we run the code of an Android app on localhost? Also, which GitHub repository should I clone?

Additionally, Which tools are need for setting up a development environment?

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @sami12111

I think you will find this guide easy and helpful for a start: Android Troubleshooting (technical guide)

Then you’ll definitely need to check the wiki in the repository itself: Home · dhis2/dhis2-android-capture-app Wiki · GitHub

Remember to checkout the resources in the developer portal: Creating a DHIS2 Android app | DHIS2 Developer Portal

Hi @Gassim

Thanks for sharing useful links.
I encountered the following error while compiling the Android Capture App on local environment

Could not GET ‘https://api.mapbox.com/downloads/v2/releases/maven/org/hisp/dhis/mobile/designsystem/1.0-SNAPSHOT/designsystem-1.0-20231116.084101-124.pom’. Received status code 401 from server: Unauthorized

Do you have any insights into what might be causing this problem and how it can be resolve?

Thanks

Hi @sami12111

Please what version of android Capture app are you using? It’s looking for Mapbox when it’s no longer being used. In the latest versions, it’ll use MapLibre as mentioned by @andresmr

Thanks!

Hi @Gassim

I have cloned the below repository and trying to launch the application in my local environment, but encountered that error.

Thanks

Hi @sami12111 ,
Are you trying to run capture app from main? can you update the branch, desig system should be targeted to "0.1-SNAPSHOT"

Hi @andresmr

Yes, I have pulled the code from the main branch. I aim to integrate the OIDC. Can you advise me on which branch to clone for this?

Thanks

HI @andresmr @Gassim @dhis2-android

Is there any documentation available on integrating LDAP into an Android Capture app?

Thanks