Request for Information or Solution Urgent Need

To Whom It May Concern,
I hope that you are fine , I have a custom dataset which has 55209 inputs , is there any way to put all automatically in table td.

Thank you in Advance

Mohammad Ayub Yousafzai
Kabul , Afghanistan

1 Like

Hie @mohammadayub864

I don’t believe automatic data element plug-in to the custom table is doable. When you construct a custom table, there is no association with those indicators, and they cannot be automatically integrated into the table since they do not know where they fit in and which age group they belong to…etc. My thoughts
Regards

1 Like

From my experience I think you will need to create them yourself. For example if you are using tables, you’ll need to embed the dataset uid, form uid and some other parameters in the table td. The high number of input to me will make this a huge task. Alternatively looking at the sample, you can as well use section and say Address 1 - 100, Address 101-200 and so on. My little token.

Dear @jetisco4u,

Thank you for your information, it generates unique id any we put it manually but some times it lost inputs and we again put it.

it is category combination about 55209 inputs.

increased session time out in dhis2.config as well as in server.xml connectiontimeout.

Any Solution

Regards
Mohammad Ayub Yousafzai
Kabul , Afghanistan

Dear @Shapr0019,

You are absolutely right, I have analyzed database tables to automatically assign the inputs into td but it is generating unique id for each td with val. I did not find any solution for that.

any way we put it manually but some times it lost inputs and we again put it.

it is category combination about 55209 inputs.

increased session time out in dhis2.config as well as in server.xml connectiontimeout.

Any Solution

regards
Mohammad Ayub Yousafzai
Kabul , Afghanistan

Do you mean you have 55209 COC in the COC?

Dear @jetisco4u ,

it is 33 data elements and 1 to 1673 category option and it is calculated 33 * 1673 = 55209 inputs.

Regards
Mohammad Ayub Yousafzai
Kabul , Afghanistan

Can you be clear a bit more. CategoryOption or categoryOptionCombo? If it is COC do you expect the user to fill all the input when submitting data each time?

Dear @jetisco4u,

I created category option from number 1 to 1653 then create category then category combination. I have 33 data elements and assign that category combination on each data element it becomes 55209.

it is a big form with 33 columns and 1673 rows.

if still any question please let us know.

regards
Mohammad Ayub Yousafzai
Kabul , Afghanistan

This will be difficult to manage. I have a similar case so I created a custom app that allow me to just Javascript to map the question.

This will be too huge and can be resource intensive.

I don’t know if the Data Entry app support Javascript you would have use table and map to show the form automatically.

I am afraid you’ll have to create the form manually if using custom app. You can treat each data element as a section or table head and divide the 1673 COCs under different sections.

I have not tried implementing Javascript in the Data Entry app.

You can create a table and group the data into sections. With some copy here and there you can duplicate the tables based on the sections and fill in the appropriate values to the td. If I am to implement this, I will look for how to design the table so that each column will have not more than 11 columns.

Could you please share more why this amount is necessary? If you’d share the use case please

Thanks!

1 Like

Dear @Gassim ,

I hope this email finds you well, I have a form with 1673 rows and 33 data elements (column) I used category option. I put manually the inputs into tds but sometimes it losts , we again put the inputs re work.

regards
Mohammad Ayub Yousafzai
Kabul , Afghanistan

Dear @mohammadayub864 ,
I would agree with some of the other contributors that a category combination with 55k category option combinations is simply not a good idea. It is hard to see exactly how you have designed everything, but from your last screen shot, it seems that you are collecting a “SiteID”. I am beginning to wonder if this should either be in the organisation unit dimension, or perhaps if you should consider to use tracker capture.

It looks like you have a bunch of attributes (Address, Number of microwave links, etc). These feel like they should be attributes to me, like the name and age of a person, but in this case, it looks like something to do with telecoms.

Maybe you could provide a bit more information regarding your use case? Describe what data you are seeking to collect and then maybe we can help out a bit more.
Best regards,
Jason

1 Like

Dear @jason,
Thank you for your information, it is a telecom data and its type is number and they fill this form each quarter.
My Current problem is , when we put inputs into tds then save later some of them lost and we again put it manually what is the problem ? and performance also goes slow ?

what is the solution ?
Do I go with data entry or tracker ?

regards
Mohammad Ayub Yousafzai
Kabul , Afghanistan

1 Like

Dear @mohammadayub864 ,

I think I would defintely consider to use tracker. It looks like certain attributes like (Microwave License number, Lat/long) are not going to change over time. Maybe other things like “Number of microwave links” will change over time.

I would maybe try and separate out what changes over time and what does not change over time. Things which do not change (think about the name of a person, their birthday, etc) are registered once during tracker capture. These are known as “tracked entity attributes” in DHIS2. My feeling looking at your form is that you have a number of these attributes which do not change over time and should be registered only once when you create the tracked entity.

Data which changes over time (think about maybe the height or weight of a person) can then be collected on a repeating basis through a data entry form using tracker data elements. It would seem to be a much better fit for what you are trying to achieve to only collect 33 data elements (some of which may actually be static attributes).

DHIS2 has been used in other domains to collect information on water boreholes, and it seems like this is a similar use case. You might want to try to create a tracked entity type called “Telecoms infrastructure” or whatever it is that you are seeking to collect data on. Then create all of the tracked entity attributes (properties of the object which do not change over time). Lastly, create a repeating program stage with all of the data elements which do change over time.

I think this would be a much simpler and easier way to collect this data.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Best regards,
Jason

1 Like

I quite agree with @jason I think if the use case is explained better, we can make better recommendation.

1 Like

Thanks @jason! I’m also not sure about Province and District being a Data Element, I’d suggest, it’d be better if they’re OUs still, but like you mentioned some of the decisions will require more information about the use case and what is the desired ‘output’

@mohammadayub864, this could be because of cache issue. You’re storing so much info in the cache and the browser might be clearing it off when it reaches a certain size. One suggestion to solve this issue (although I do believe that Jason’s suggestion is the way to go) is to use the API to fill out the dataset values. Have a look at the API documentation: Data - DHIS2 Documentation

Additionally, have you tried the Data Entry (Beta) app? And I’m wondering what version of dhis2 are you currently using?

Thanks!

I agree with this as well. It seems some of the so called data elements are geographic data that will not change over time. The design can make good use of organisation unit such that
site_ID => OU code
site_name => OU name
province, District, address, latitude, longitude, possibly others out of site => goes under the OU

1. This way, dataset form can be filled by more than one user.
  2. Not sure if some data can be break down to COC based on their relationship
  3. No of column will reduce making the form easier to work on.
1 Like

Dear @Gassim ,

Thank you for your information, I also used Site ID in Organization unit to show in maps (GIS Section) and they want the same form to be filled and print in each quarter, they only bring minor changes each quarer. therefore they said they need entry form but Mr Jason said use Tracker. I will also try to use Tracker lets see.
As I have had experience in Tracker. in each record you click the button and add new and save.

the system has a problem in designing a long custom form we put manually the inputs into tds , also save later it is not added then we again put.

Regards
Mohammad Ayub Yousafzai
Kabul , Afghanistan

2 Likes

Dear @jetisco4u,

Thank you for your information but they want the same form to be filled and in some cases site id is changed if site id changed latitude and longitude will be changed we can not give rights for each user in maintenances and they want the same data to be printed.

the system has a problem in designing a long custom form we put manually the inputs into tds , also save later it is not added then we again put.

Regards
Mohammad Ayub Yousafzai
Kabul , Afghanistan