Release of Android SDK v.1.3.1 (patch version)

Dear DHIS2 community,

A new version of the DHIS2 Android SDK is out!

This is a patch version, and it has no new features or changes in the SDK Interface (Data Access Layer). It means that the DHIS2 Android developers can update the SDK without experiencing any compatibility issues.

You can see the list of bugs solved and improvements in jira

The funcionality of the SDK including code examples is fully documented. You can also download and check out the SDK code in the following GitHub repository

The SDK 1.3.1 is compatible with versions 2.30, 2.31, 2.32, 2.33, 2.34, and 2.35 of DHIS2, and it is being used by the current version of Android Capture application: 2.3.1

Don’t forget to have a look at the DHSI2 android skeleton app.

Happy coding!

Best,
the Android team

Please remember to report your issues in Jira!
Project: Android SDK for DHIS2

5 Likes

Hello - should we follow JIRA for the next release date of the Capture app?

Specifically, we’d like to get some locale translations in from transifex, and wondering what the deadline is for that.

Thank you,

Sara @ LogicalOutcomes

Hey @sgaudon ! I am sure you’ll get all updates in JIRA; but over the CoP you can discuss more with the community. Let me tag the @dhis2-android team to see if anyone would like to comment.

You know you can always watch a certain category at the CoP so that you will be notified of all new posts and topics. Let me know if you’d like me to add this category to your watching list or you can go from your profile and add it yourself:

1 Like

Hi @sgaudon,

If you need to add new translations you are on time. We don’t have a fixed released date yet but the version is currently being tested and should be ready in the next weeks.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

You’re welcome! :smiley:

Hi @dhis2-android we are still working on Portuguese translations for Android/transifex - any idea when the next Capture app will be released? We can work toward your deadline. Thank you,
Sara @ LogicalOutcomes

1 Like

Hi @sgaudon . We are aiming to release the next patch around mid September.

2 Likes

Thanks Jamie - do patch releases capture the latest Transifex work, or just ‘official’ releases?

Hey @sgaudon!

Yes, patch releases also include translations. Please let us know when Portuguese is finished so the team can integrate it.

Also as an update. The release of the patch will be during the first week of September.

Let us know if you have any other question.

1 Like