Question about relationships in tracker capture for contact tracing/tracking stock

Hi all,
What have people done for contact tracing in tracker programs, where the relationship is not permanent? Meaning, we want to link the contacts to the index case initially, but then ultimately follow each of the contacts on their own without necessarily maintaining that relationship forever (most of the use cases in the documentation are mother-child). But we want to analyze within and across programs. So within the same program, we would enroll the index case, then also enroll the contacts in the same program, with the A-B relationship? What do the analytics look like, in terms of determining index vs. contact enrollments, or primary vs. secondary distribution? (I’m thinking about both contact tracing and primary vs. secondary distribution of a product.)

More generally, for relationship type, when would one choose TEI-TEI (I assume something like mother-child) vs. enrollment or incident?

Thanks for any insight!
~Natalie T

1 Like

Hi @Natalie_Tibbels,

Have you managed to create a relationship between index case and contacts? we have almost the same use case: we link contacts to index case and follow each of the contact but we maintain the relationship.

Thanks

Hi @ferdinandmussavene
I did test out the relationship functionality, and found that it can be useful just to manage the clients (it’s a piece of information in the client profile that the clients are related), but it doesn’t necessarily add anything on the analytics side and it caused problems with the app. I may be missing something, though - if you implement, I would love to hear how you did it!!
Also see this thread and great advice from @tkiyemba

Hi @Natalie_Tibbels and @ferdinandmussavene . Is there a way to list the index cases and their relationships? The only one I know is not practical, I have to get in person by person to find out who their contacts are.

Thanks

I’m not sure… you mean once they have provided the contacts and it’s entered into DHIS2? Does it show up within the index client profile in the “relationship” widget?

Thanks @Natalie_Tibbels , i will solved with a SQL View since the Event Reports i can not get the variable

relationship

Hi @asacur,

Did you manage to solve your problem using a sql view? Can you share your script?

Thanks