Training register design question

Thanks a lot Prosper. I will try it out and see.

···

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Timothy Kiyemba tkiyemba@gmail.com wrote:

Thank you so much prosper. I have also been through this before and I chose to work with option 2 you suggested. Is there a way of entering participants under the stages without necessarily entering a date for each participant?

Prosper Behumbiize, MPH
DHIS2 Implementation| HISP Uganda

prosper@hispuganda.org | prosper@dhis2.org | Skype: prospertb

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 2:42 PM, Prosper BT ptb3000@gmail.com wrote:

Dear George,

Thanks for sharing the use case.

Basically the design will depend on the final output/analysis required out of this tracking. So the two approaches you shared are all possible and feasible but first deep dive into the analysis.

1. If they interested in how many trainings an individual has attends? then you will have the trainee as a tracked entity with a stage to capture all the different training they attend,
  1. If its training sessions they are interested in, i.e how many sessions and number of training and number of participants for the different sessions, then you have training as a tracked entity with options for different sessions, then a stage to record all the participants per training.

Regards

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Prosper Behumbiize, MPH
DHIS2 Implementation| HISP Uganda

prosper@hispuganda.org | prosper@dhis2.org | Skype: prospertb

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 2:16 PM, Georgi Chakarov georgi@logicaloutcomes.net wrote:

Hello all!

I was wondering is there a best practice around designing training registers in DHIS2 programs? I mean, how do you usually deal with registers like the one below, where training details are recorded once and then you have to add names of
participants? How would you build this in DHIS2?

Additionally, if the trainees are tracked entities in a Tracker program and they cover a training, does this mean that I have to create a training stage for the Tracker program and enter the training details for each entity individually,
so that I will be able to link the training event to the tracked entity? Is there a way to create a training event and then link it to all track entities that attended?

Georgi Chakarov, CIA | georgi@logicaloutcomes.net |
+1-647-478-5634 x 104 | LogicalOutcomes c/o Centre for Social Innovation, 720 Bathurst Street, Toronto Canada M5S 2R4 | * You may unsubscribe from receiving commercial
electronic messages from LogicalOutcomes by emailing *info@logicaloutcomes.net

We generally have 2 Event forms for Training. One for capturing Trainee’s detail and for Training session’s detail. We haven’t done tracker for Training because we never had to track or record how many times or what training some person has undergone.

Trainee form has detail like, name, address, kind of training, function( e.g. nurse, doctor etc.). so, here we can have reports by trainees.

We have been able to get all our reporting needs through these 2 forms.

Training session has detail like, what kind of training , where was it held, average pre test and post test score etc. Here we get reports like how many training were done in what location etc.

Off late, when there was no requirement to capture trainee detail, we just had one Event type Training session form that captured elements like, total number of people trained etc.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Thank you

Deepali

···

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Georgi Chakarov georgi@logicaloutcomes.net wrote:

Hello all!

I was wondering is there a best practice around designing training registers in DHIS2 programs? I mean, how do you usually deal with registers like the one below, where training details are recorded once and then you have to add names of participants? How would you build this in DHIS2?

Additionally, if the trainees are tracked entities in a Tracker program and they cover a training, does this mean that I have to create a training stage for the Tracker program and enter the training details for each entity individually, so that I will be able to link the training event to the tracked entity? Is there a way to create a training event and then link it to all track entities that attended?

Georgi Chakarov, CIA | georgi@logicaloutcomes.net | +1-647-478-5634 x 104 | LogicalOutcomes c/o Centre for Social Innovation, 720 Bathurst Street, Toronto Canada M5S 2R4 | * You may unsubscribe from receiving commercial electronic messages from LogicalOutcomes by emailing *info@logicaloutcomes.net

Hi! Have you or others come up with workaround since this post - to link TEIs with group events in a more streamlined way than adding a stage for each client AND creating an event record for the event with the same TEIs listed but all their information not linked? I have lots of use cases for this!

2 Likes

Hi, everyone.

I have a form similar to the one above, but still have difficulty implementing it.

thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Hi Natalie

Did you finally get a solution for this? Om seeing an feature for this in the 2.32 upgrade but its still not working

Timothy

What feature did you see in the 2.32 version? I’m still quite interested in this. We’ve simply been having facilitators fill out an event form with total attendance to document the activity, then the tracker program for individual attendance. But it’s cumbersome for data entry and requires some work outside the system to figure out which clients attended which events.

Hi Natalie,

Check out this link : Home - DHIS2 Documentation. It may just be the solution to your problem. I am trying it out as well now. You can also see the release notes for DHIS2 2.3.2. under the tracker features, it was well explained there. I am testing it now and it seems to be working well so far.

Timothy Kiyemba
Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor
University Research Company (Uganda)

I am testing it with DHIS 2.34.1

Hi,
One of my colleagues suggested a tracker program for the workshop/group, and a stage within that program for each participant (repeatable) - basically a line of the register is one program stage event, including a yes/no for each session attended. Then to get the number of workshops, you do a TEI count, and to do the number of participants, you would do event counts. What do you guys think of this idea? At first I didn’t think it was good because of the data entry burden, but I’m starting to think it’s pretty smart - you’re adding an event to correspond to each line, rather than adding a TEI to correspond to each line in an attendance register. Wondering if I’m missing any drawbacks though, would love to hear your thoughts.

Tested it before and it works fine, though not the best application of this. Relating an event to the entity would be the best way to apply this if it the reporting futures around it are well built in event reports

I just looked through the documentation you linked. This looks amazing and exactly like what we need! Have you used it on the Android capture app?

Ya, it still works fine on android

Hi @tkiyemba
Thanks again for your help, I have configured as suggested and it looks really cool. I have a couple of questions. One, have you found a way to display from the event form a name or code or attribute of the TEIs? If we will be linking 20 clients to the group, it’s hard to figure out which record to update.
Two, what have you done for analytics? In event reports you cannot analyze across programs, but I’m wondering what this configuration adds value from an analysis perspective. I think you could use program indicators and then an indicator to calculate average number of participants, even without the relationship. And I haven’t been able to find a place to cause the characteristics of the event (group) to be inherited or analyzed at participant level. Thanks for any tips, I am eager to make this work!

Hi all, updating on this topic of linking TEIs to an event program through a relationship. Currently the android app is crashing when I try to add any kind of relationship from within the TEI profile, and there’s no place that I see to add a relationship from the event (in the app - there is in the browser).

Wondering if others have found benefits to this approach from an analytics perspective as well. Thanks!

Hi @prosper, @Dipali_Sahu

In case we want to register event facilitators & supervisors, how can we capture this information in tracker program? As attributes or …? We want to view this information in the analytics, i.e, the person who facilitated the event.

Thanks

@dmbantu
Would you please explain this a bit further because what it seems is that you’d like to have an audit history but at the same time run analytics on the audits? How’d you want the final information to appear in analytics? A list of users - number of events they entered? It would be helpful if you provide an example.

Thanks!

Hi @Gassim,

I would like the facilitator and the supervisor’s names to appear as fields in the analytics/event reports.

Thanks

Have you thought about creating a program specifically for the facilitators & supervisors then you’d create a relationship between the TEI and the user who enrolled them maybe?

Hi, @Gassim,

Look at the following form and the part in yellow.

After the workshop has been held, the facilitator and the supervisors write their names on the paper form and it to the data capturer for data entry into DHIIS 2 and we need to know who facilitated the meeting in reports.

Thanks.

Hi @dmbantu,

Thanks for the clarification! I imagine the Tracker program to be as following:

1. Tracker Program Name: Training Workshops
  2. Tracked Entity: Participant
    ** Tracked Entity Attributes: First Name, Last Name, Age, Gender, Role…etc
  3. Repeatable stage: Workshop, and it should have the data elements in a form:
    ** workship facilitator, workshop supervisor.

Thank you, and I hope this helps! (:

Note: But then again it depends as @prosper mentioned in the topic above: