Pilot DHIS2 tracker module for NCD at one primary health center

In a country that has already adopted DHIS2 to collect only aggregated data, is it possible to introduce a pilot DHIS2 tracker module for NCD at a primary health center level? How long would such a project take knowing that the center has 7 general practitioners and receives an average of 70 NCD patients per month? Should the Ministry of health pay more for the could?
Thanks

2 Likes

Hie @Leila
is it possible to introduce a pilot DHIS2 tracker module for NCD at a primary health centre level?

We implement the same NCD funded program using Dhis2 tracker at facility and community level. Dhis2 Tracker is used by the facility team to track individuals in their neighborhood/communities at facility level. We only have a little issue with data synchronization with the server. In short, based on my expertise as a Dhis2 developer, it is very achievable.

How long would such a project take knowing that the center has 7 general practitioners and receives an average of 70 NCD patients per month? This is determined by the logic function of your form and the information that you are gathering. According on what you state, it appears to be something simple to implement and less time-consuming.

Should the Ministry of health pay more for the cold? I didn’t get you very well.

Thank you very much for your reply, and for informing me about synchronization issues with the server.
My last question was about the Cloud, should the state pay more for the cloud if we do not put a server?

Hi Leila,
Hope the NCD project is moving along well. We have communicated by email about the previous points but for the benefit of the community I will quickly summarize my inputs:

• Yes it is possible to introduce a pilot of NCD tracker for PHC level. In particular you may want to look at the DHIS2 Tracker metadata package for hypertension control, as a baseline configuration you can adapt to your project needs.
  • The timeline depends on the system complexity required, so it may take anywhere between a few weeks to 6 months to go from conceptualization to roll-out.
  • Regarding the server hosting requirements and cost, you should see this helpful table in the DHIS2 documentation comparing the tradeoffs with different server hosting scenarios. Generally a commercial cloud infrastructure is the cheapest option, but this really varies depending on country legislation, MoH policies (e,g. is there a national data centre?) and system administrator skills available for your project.
  • For more details I refer you to the Tracker Implementation Guide for advice on planning, funding, and infrastructure in DHIS2 Tracker systems.
1 Like