Need advices

Dear Team,

I have table on excel below:

Based on this table; the value is not disaggregate. which form, data entry or event capture or tracker capture, will I create? thereafter, Am I able to analyse this value?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
LCaynar

2 Likes

@LCaynar
I would recommend event capture or tracker capture because these seem like daily activities.
Event capture collects single events (one time events) for example Death Registration and Tracker capture collects multiple events for example immunization
To choose between either one of the two, you need to consider:
How often you collect the similar information?
If regularly collected information is bound to change?
How changes in collected data affect report?
If you have to keep track of changes in data, for example do you want to keep track of status of medical officer.

Let us know if this helps.
Cheers.
Emma.

2 Likes

Dear @Emma_Kassy,

Thanks for your concept.

I am pleased to let you know this is department of health science need all doctor and nurse to register with department in order to get licensed of doctor or nurse…, although they graduated. It means DHS want to keep their knowledge and skill in up to date.

Therefore, DHS staff have to record those above, actually 10 to 50 record per day based on actual registration and license.

Below is report; I am not sure whether is able to analyse as below; the reason is that I used to calculate disaggregate data from data entry form. Yet data with qualitative , i don’t know how to calculate; for example, if i decide to create in event capture form; therefore, how am I able to count # of HP and Register as below. A lot to learn for DHIS2.

Event capture form created

Report need to calculate; but don’t know how to calculate it

Thanks. Really need your help.

Best regards,
LCaynar

2 Likes

@LCaynar
To be able to count or aggregate your data you will need to use Program Indicators. See guidance here
When you use program indicators accordingly, it will count every event that recorded HP as a value.

Let me know if this guidance was sufficient enough.

Cheers,
Emma

3 Likes

Dear @Emma_Kassy,

Thanks for your guidance. Firstly, I created program indicator in order to count # of text value for type of registration variable; thereafter, I have done pivot table; however the pivot table didn’t show the figure, even I have run analyze table function. below what I have done

1. Create program indicator

2. Create pivot table but no data has been showed

Any guidance.

Best Regards,
LCaynar

2 Likes

@LCaynar
A couple of things you could do different;

1. Do not use the d2 function in the expression, instead use count events and in filter specify which data element option. PS: When using options you have to use the code of the option and not the name (Best practice is to copy and paste the option code from Optionsets and use single quotes for example ‘HP’)
  2. You need enable “view event analytics” in user authorities clear cache, do run maintenance (Optional) and then run analytics

Let us know if you are successful
Cheers,
Emma

1 Like

Dear @Emma_Kassy,

Thanks for your instruction-done it. However, the figures showed in pivot table was incorrect-count every month; the reason is that I have recorded 4 event on April. below what I set.

1. Code of optionsets was set as number

2. program indicator detail - aggregate type set none

3.expression set count event

1. filter code of optionset as your comment

2. Pivot table showed improper data - count each month with four event; actually the event is on April- Is this bug? - in addition, this pivot was not run automatically unless click update the data showed.

1 Like

@LCaynar
It is good practice to specify the aggregation type, in your case it would be count.
Also can you compare values in pivot table and event report, see if you have values in periods that did not collect data.

Cheers,
Emma

2 Likes

Dear @Emma_Kassy,

Thanks for your guidance; I have done it with the result on event report.

In addition, could you help to recommend for DHIS2 online training with payment relevant to data analysis and reporting. I seek to learn this course in advance. Thanks again for your prompt helpful.

Best Regards,
LCaynar

1 Like

@jomutsani, Please share links to any online trainings that you may have.

Cheers,
Emma

2 Likes

Well noted @Emma_Kassy.

Hi @LCaynar - Kindly Check out this thread; Where can I find DHIS 2 Quickstart Tutorial?.

Best,
James.

1 Like

Dear @Emma_Kassy,

Thanks for your recommendation of training. I will explore two links

1. Resources - DHIS2
  2. Home ¡ LogicalOutcomes/DHIS2-Curriculum Wiki ¡ GitHub

I will let you know when need your help. The reason is that want to get more the advance DHIS2 training. Because I need to design complex data entry form, even form and track form; as well complex data analysis and using SQL and Java of web API to capture what indicators and reports need. Any way very thanks and I’m exploring more about Links above.

Best Regards,
Aynar

1 Like

That’s in order @LCaynar. we will always be here to support you in the best way possible.

Best,
James.

1 Like

Dear @jomutsani,

One more thing, do you have any connection with training land guy -http://dhis2trainingland.com/. I try to connect that guy for his session but he didn’t reply me and allowed me to access his session training online. I am really interested his DHIS 2 training.

Best Regards,
Aynar

1 Like

That is @julhas I suppose. I will reach out to him and let him know that you reached out to him; I’m sure he will be glad to help as always.

Best,
James.

1 Like

Hi @LCaynar,

Thanks for your interest. I just checked my skype and email but I didn’t found any request from you. I would be very happy to share any updates about the online apps development course. You can connect me over skype (julhas08) or email (juhaspustcse@gmail.com).

Basically, we had a plan to start this (web apps development) course in the last year. Currently, we are working on apps development online academy syllabus. We have received more than 130 request for this course. We have a plan to notify each of the registered participant before starting this course. You can see the course outline from here: DHIS2 Web Apps Development Level-1 Academy – DHIS2 Web Portal

If you have any queries, don’t hesitate to let me know.

Thanks @jomutsani

Regards
Julhas

2 Likes

Dear @jomutsani,

Thanks that you help to reach out @julhas.

Dear @julhas,

I have requested you since January 2019 through your Skype - my skype (lenaynar). Anyway, I am interesting in your course outline which pointed the link. Therefore, How can i join this course? please let me know. Thanks!

Best Regards,
LCaynar

1 Like

Hi @LCaynar,

I’m so sorry that I tried to find by “LCaynar” but I replied you many times through skype and shared the above mentioned link as well as the course starting information. :slightly_smiling_face:

By the way, we are working on this course. Hopefully by end of August, we can start “Online Apps Development Level-1 Academy”. Please make sure your registration in the mentioned portal.

Before that you can start to learn React JS and if you face any challenges you can let me know.

Thanks
Julhas

2 Likes

Dear @julhas,

Thank for your information and guidance. In addition, I have signed up with your web portal. I will explore more on React JS.

Best Regards,
LCaynar

1 Like

Dear @julhas,

Need you help. Relevant to data capture app on android device; why Image type is disable that can’t enclose file. please see picture stated below

Best Regards,
LCaynar

1 Like