Multiples options are displaying in Widgets

Dear All,
When I open a registered child, the events under the Timeline data entry are empty and even the options in the widgets are showing multiples. What is the cause? Kindly guide me through it.
Snapshot for more clarity.

DHIS version
Version:2.29
Build revision:dd8e3fc

Thank you

1 Like

Hi Sanjay, I’ve seen this unfortunate bug in 2.29 a few times. Here are some steps to remedy:

1. Query and save YOUR_URL/api/dataStore/tracker-capture/keyTrackerDashboardDefaultLayout.json to get the JSON objects that determine how and what is displayed.

2. Remove the duplicated objects/lines from the JSON file

3. Then you’ll need to POST the JSON settings to EVERY affected user (or just every user). Make your post request to YOUR_URL/api/userSettings/keyTrackerDashboardLayout?user=PUT_EACH_USERNAME_HERE

I would test this with one user first, obviously, and make sure the widgets that you want to be shown are marked “shown”: true in your JSON settings file. Otherwise all of your users will have to indivually select which are shown, and most don’t know how to do that. If you get a tracker layout that is succesful, then you can capture those widget’s settings by going to /api/userSettings/keyTrackerDashboardLayout when logged in as that user. Then that is what you can use to POST to all other userSettings.

It also helps if you let the friendly and wonderful developers at UiO know of this issue by either commenting on or creating a ticket on JIRA

Thank you…

Please let us know how it goes for you @Sangay_Tenzin. I can perhaps write more descriptively if needed. I want to make sure this is useful information for the whole community.

@Chase.freeman, thank you for your kind guidance. I would appreciate if you could elaborate in details to solve the problem.

As a temporary remedy, I deleted the affected user and recreated, it works.

@chase.freeman please allaborate more on this, I have an instance with over 1000 user affected by this only on one particular programs while other programs are shwoing normal widgets.

@WaluQ - this issue is no longer present in supported versions. What version are you on?

1 Like

Version 2.39.2.1. For some reason, one program is still experiencing this:

1 Like

Dear experts,
I too are facing same issue. It occurs for particular program and events are not showing under Timeline Data entry widget. Looking for your guidance. We are using
Version 2.34.10-SNAPSHOT
Build revision 04a045e

Thank you

1 Like

Hello Sir,

Did you able to get any solution for the above issue? If so, kindly share with us.

Thank you

Please upgrade your instance to one of the latest and supported versions. The issues that you are facing might have already been fixed in the later versions. Please follow the guidelines here: Upgrading - DHIS2 Documentation

Hi @Sangay_Tenzin ,

this post might be helpful:
Duplicated widgets for some users in tracker program - #3 by Markus

1 Like

Thank you @hanin.saadah

1 Like