Lock Exceptions

Dear All,
Am very familiar with the Lock exceptions for various data sets.
We have about 19 different data sets with over 400 health facilities and they lock once there period expires. Unlocking some data sets for some facilities to make changes after they lock has proved hectic at times.
I would like to have these data sets remain unlocked from the SuperUser/Administrator’s side.
Is it possible to have all the data sets always unlocked for specific user i.e SuperUser while they still Lock when the time period expires for all other Users? If so how do you go about this

3 Likes

Hi Alex,

Based on my understanding of Lock Exceptions, My thoughts;- it can not be done as you wish for some users; it’s standard that if you lock, it locks for all users. maybe if there’s someone from the community with a different opinion; I would be happy to know of it too.

Best,
James.

1 Like

Hello James,

Lets see whether there is someone who has ever done this since there was a person who mentioned this to me and was to guide me but am yet to connect with him again. If I get a way, surely will loop you in.

Thank again.

2 Likes

The locking mechanisms are important for ensuring the quality of data captured by avoiding alterations by anyone. The best way to do this would be setting up an approval workflow at different levels that can apply the locking mechanism.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Lock Exception bug

Hi @Alex - Just consulted on this and it’s like for super users - they bypass lock exceptions by default; they have the authority over all rules and exceptions they set and can be able to edit data regardless of the closing period. The exception only applies to the other users who have access to the data set in question, with rights to do data entry.

Best,
James.

1 Like

hi @Alex_Macharia, Did you get this sorted out?

1 Like