HELP NEEDED: USE CASE -Tracker design issue

Hi Community,

I have the following case and your guidance will be highly appreciated.

I am trying to produce a training attendance form that enrolls a list of participants, registers training sessions they attended, the topics that were discussed and facilitators.

USE CASE

Each participant has to attend six training sessions for the same topic, that is:

Participant A has to attended six training sessions about Infant feeding

Participant A has to attended six training sessions about Maternal feeding

Participant A has to attended six training sessions about Malaria

Participant A has to attended six training sessions about Hygiene

Participant A has to attended six training sessions about SRH/FP

Participant B has to attended six training sessions about Infant feeding

Participant B has to attended six training sessions about Maternal feeding

Participant B has to attended six training sessions about Malaria

Participant B has to attended six training sessions about Hygiene

Participant B has to attended six training sessions about SRH/FP

ETC

Indicators

Total of participants who attended training sessions whose topic was malaria (disaggregated by gender, age)

Total of participants who attended training sessions whose topic was infant feeding (disaggregated by gender, age)

Total of participants who attended training sessions whose topic was SRH/FP (disaggregated by gender, age)

Thanks.

Hi there,
I can’t understand, why the fields on each training different? They must be either Absent or Present.
Can you share whole logic please.
Regards, Ulanbek

Hi @Ulanbek,

Please excuse my delay in replying. Time in is data element in each training that should be a drop down list with two options: present and absent. You are right that in the form this data element was not clear. The logic is below and above the form. I can provide more details depending on what you want me to.

Iam struggling to design this tracker. Looking for guidance

Hi @ferdinandmussavene,
In general, you have to create a tracker for each topic with 6 stages. Create an option list (present, absent etc.). Excellent guidance you can find here:

Good luck
Regards, Ulanbek

Hi @Ulanbek,

I have gone through tracker related documentation on Logical outcomes and it is really helpful. Iam happy with your suggestion that I create a tracker for each topic with six stages, A thought occurred to me on how I could structure the tracker as follows, but Iam facing some difficulties:

Iam thinking of having topic as a tracked entity for each tracker, then each program stage (six in total) to record all the trainings. Following this way, how can I register each trainee/ participant details (First and last name, age, gender) – Having registered topic as tracked entity - so that I get these indicators:

Indicators

Total of participants/trainees who attended six trainings whose topic was malaria (disaggregated by gender, age) – Tracker whose topic is Malaria

Total of participants who attended six trainings whose topic was infant feeding (disaggregated by gender, age) – Tracker whose topic is infant feeding

I do not know if this would be viable correct thinking to get the desired output
Any more guidance/hints will be helpful

Thanks again.

Hi @ferdinandmussavene ,
Sorry for the late answer. Too busy with my project as well. In general, they are the same.
So create program attributes: surname, name, and whatever else you need
For program stages create DATA elements:
training date, status, and whatever else you need
Status should can be done either as an option list, or just checkbox like Absent or Present, which means if it has tick will be either Absent or Present.
and create a 6 tracker program with same program entity, inside 6 stages.
That’s it!
Then create your reports.
Good luck !