Failed to load metadata Error

Good Morning all,
I have an issue I’ve really followed the discussions around with no conclusive solution.

I get this error “Failed to load metadata” when i try loading Tracker module of Version 2.31.3, on tomcat 8, postgresql 9.6.

Can someone help with a solution different from clearing browsing data and cache?

Seth Okeyo

USAMRD-A

2 Likes

Hi all,

This error happens when you are using Tomcat 8.5+. In this version, URL with square brackets [,] are not supported by default and therefore rejected for security reasons.

To solve the problems,

You have to add on to the connector parameters in server.xml this parameter below:

relaxedQueryChars=“[,]”

Then save and restart Tomcat server.

This should work.

regards

6 Likes

Hi Seth,

Hi all,

This error happens when you are using Tomcat 8.5+. In this version, URL with square brackets [,] are not supported by default and therefore rejected for security reasons.

To solve the problems,

You have to add on to the connector parameters in server.xml this parameter below:

relaxedQueryChars=“[,]”

Then save and restart Tomcat server.

This should work.

See image below and adjust

regards

3 Likes

Hi @sokeyo,

I hope @stephocay’s advice helped in sorting out your metdata issue…??

Best,
James.

1 Like

Hi All,
Due to security reasons some versions of Tomcat like 8.0 and 8.5 does not allow some characters like ‘[’ or ‘]’. The solution for this is just to allow these characters “relaxedQueryChars=”[,]“” in server.xml file in conf folder as below

<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
           connectionTimeout="20000"
           redirectPort="8443" relaxedQueryChars="[,]"/>
4 Likes

Hi James,
Yes, Steve helped me out and it worked.

Regards

Seth

1 Like

Hi James,
Thank you so much, i have the same issue and i try your solution and it worked. Thank you also @sokeyo Seth Okeyo for the point.

1 Like