Exception in Android Capture app: Key was already used

Hi team,

I am experiencing some weird bug for an aggregate dataset when I open the form or make entries on the Android Capture Application. I do not have any issues when entering data on the web. I am not able to figure out what the issue is here. Has anyone ever experienced this? I would appreciate any help.
Screenshot from 2024-01-12 01-48-46

Form type: Section form
DHIS2V 2.39.3.1

Below I have attached the error message:
lazycolumn_row.docx (9.0 KB)

1 Like

Hi @Quoda

Is this a custom design or the standard? Would you help me reproduce the form on any of the play.dhis2.org instances? Itā€™ll be helpful if we could reproduce the issue because then the log will make more sense knowing what it is talking about.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Good day
I am facing a challenge with the Capture app V2.9.

Its an aggregate data set, when I try to enter data and scrolling down the page the app is crashing giving me the attached error.

Please assist.

1 Like

Hi @arnold

Looks like youā€™re not the first person to receive this error.

Could you get that info for me while I will also asking @dhis2-android team to have a look?

Thanks!

Thank you @Gassim for your response.
In my case, I managed to solve the problem, there was a problem with my categories access rights. The user didnā€™t have access to the categories.

It was a section form
Thanks

4 Likes

Hi, thanks for sharing the solution and the source of the problem.
We have created an issue to address the bug into the capture app and avoid the crash: [ANDROAPP-5869] - Jira

4 Likes

Hi @Quoda,

I had the same problem, but I solved it by installing a previous version: (v2.8.1.1)

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you all for the suggestions.

@Gassim I could not find any leading information in the logs so it was a difficult problem to solve. Thanks to @arnold for drilling down to the categories access rights. That fixed the problem, and so I marked your comment as the solution.
But as suggested by @andresmr , I believe the app should not crash in this case. Maybe a more leading error message would be helpful. And Iā€™m glad that @hernandezmachava also shared your solution to a similar problem. This together will be helpful to other community members who experience this problem in the future. :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like