DHIS2 patch release 2.38.3 is now available

Dear all,

DHIS2 version 2.38.3 (patch release) is out with bug fixes and enhancements.

This is the latest stable release for version 2.38, and supersedes releases 2.38.0 to 2.38.2.x.

The release note for this patch can be found here: Patch 2.38.3 Release Note.

Thanks!

DHIS2 Release Team

Release Information Links
Release Note Patch 2.38.3 Release Note
Upgrade notes 2.38 Upgrade notes
Download release and sample database Downloads - DHIS2
Documentation and Javadocs Home - DHIS2 Documentation
Source code on Github Release 2.38.3 · dhis2/dhis2-core · GitHub
Demo instance DHIS 2 Demo - Sierra Leone
Docker docker pull dhis2/core:2.38.3
for more docker image variants see dockerhub
7 Likes

Hello @phil Thank you so much for this update

There was one Out of memory issue we are facing in 2.38.2.1 around the below configuration. I quickly checked and couldn’t find any JIRA related to this.

Do you recommend setting this off for now? We don’t have any program notification rules in our project. System was crashing every now and then when tried syncing around few android devices

system.program_rule.server_execution = off

1 Like

This was the issue i was discussing. and atleast for us it’s coming for 2.38.2.1 also

1 Like

Hi @jthomas - here is the Jira issue for that particular issue - DHIS2-14917. It has been fixed in the 2.38.3 release. As you’ve noticed, setting system.program_rule.server_execution = off is a workaround for affected versions including 2.38.2.1

Please let us know if upgrading to 2.38.3 solves your issue!

2 Likes

Thanks alot @austin Great

1 Like

Thanks, Philip and the DHIS2 team.

I just deployed 2.38.3 to one of our production servers. One earlier issue is resolved, but the patient listing of the tracker is now reversed; the old record is showing at the top and creating serious inconvenience. Please look at the issue immediately. Should be more careful on testing before release,

2 Likes

Note that this is happening with the 'Tracker Capture app. And field people are habituated to the ‘Tracker Capture’ app.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this @Hannan. We are looking into it and will get back to you as soon as possible.
Kind regards,
Phil

1 Like