dhis-patient, the new dhis2-chis?

Hi,

Some quick question on the new community system development process:

From the latest commits to the branch called dhis-patient I assume development on the community based system has moved from dhis-chis to dhis-patient? Can’t find any mentioning of this in the list though. dhis-patient was branched from trunk/ a few days ago, is that correct? Would be great if Lars and/or Abyot could comment on this as it makes it easier for everyone to follow the development.

I can see that the owner of the dhis-patient branch is the dhis2-devs team, and the same for the india branch dhis2-in. This means that anyone that signs up for the dhis2-devs team (which is open) can commit to the branch. The trunk/ branch is owned by the dhis2-devs-core team which restricts commit privileges to members of that moderated team. It might be intentional, I just wanted to point out these differences and the potential risk of opening up commits to anyone.

Ola

···

2009/9/23 noreply@launchpad.net

revno: 757

committer: abyot abyota@gmail.com

branch nick: dhis-patient

timestamp: Wed 2009-09-23 23:10:32 +0200

work in progress…

removed:

dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-maintenance/dhis-web-maintenance-patient/output.log

Small correction:
The India branch is not open, it is owned by a restricted team dhis2-devs-india (where dhis2-devs-core is a member), which is a better practice. The same goes for the documentation branch. I like this approach better than the completely open dhis-patient branch. Note that all branches can be checked out (downloaded) by anyone, the restriction is on making changes to the code.

Ola

···

2009/9/24 Ola Hodne Titlestad olatitle@gmail.com

Hi,

From the latest commits to the branch called dhis-patient I assume development on the community based system has moved from dhis-chis to dhis-patient? Can’t find any mentioning of this in the list though. dhis-patient was branched from trunk/ a few days ago, is that correct? Would be great if Lars and/or Abyot could comment on this as it makes it easier for everyone to follow the development.

I can see that the owner of the dhis-patient branch is the dhis2-devs team, and the same for the india branch dhis2-in. This means that anyone that signs up for the dhis2-devs team (which is open) can commit to the branch. The trunk/ branch is owned by the dhis2-devs-core team which restricts commit privileges to members of that moderated team. It might be intentional, I just wanted to point out these differences and the potential risk of opening up commits to anyone.

Ola

work in progress…

removed:

Hi Ola,

Thank you for reminding me - I have made the adjustments. And the new branch for the community-system is moved to

lp:~dhis2-devs-core/dhis2/dhis-patient

which is branched from the latest dhis2 with all the upgrades to struts2. The name change from chis to patient is just a taste … I don’t know may be avoiding DHIS Vs CHIS and fiting to the 1.4 approach.

Thank you
Abyot.

···

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Ola Hodne Titlestad olatitle@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

Ola

work in progress…

removed:

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs