Data Options on the Data Visualizer DOES NOT WORK

Dear Community,

I am using version 2.40.1. I have been struggling with these issues while using the Data Visualizer for many days.

Question 1: How can I sort by values when you want to rearrange the the chart columns below either high to low or low to high based on chart columns values?

I have tried these options as shown on the image below MANY TIMES but it does bot work

Question 2: How can I make the chart Legend Labels without data not to appear on the chart but the chart to show only Legend Labels with data?

Please help.

Thanks you.

Hi, @Geoffrey_Nyamongo, in response to your inquiry, regarding the first question, the problem might be with the data visualization format. If you want to sort the data, ensure that the data dimension is on the “series” section, organization unit under “category”, and period under “filter”. Kindly try this rearrangement before ordering your visualization (view the image below).

This rearrangement should be the solution to both Questions 1 and 2.

For the second question, I have attached two images (before, and after) to clarify my understanding of your question. In the “before” image, you’ll notice that Bombali and Kono don’t have data but appear on the viz. But they don’t appear in the “after”. Kindly let me know if it accurately describes your issue, so I can proffer the solution.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Dear @e4eDHIS2
Thank you so much for replying. My client is so anxious to have me fix this request.

My before image before sorting.

I have gone to data option on the data visualizer to sort from Low to High as shown on the image below.

My After Image after update is shown below. What I am doing wrong?

Please help.

@Geoffrey_Nyamongo kindly reread my previous comment. I made some updates on a possible solution to the sorting problem. You could try that and let me know if it works.

Sorry I had not seen it. I will get back to you. ASAP. Sorry.

@e4eDHIS2
Thank you so much. IT HAS WORKED.

See below.

Thank you once again.

@e4eDHIS2

I have another issue that has also been troubling me.

I am experiencing an issue with my dashboard filter. It does not filter on charts and reports created by Event Reports and Event Visualizer, but only filters charts and reports created by Data Visualizer.

What might be an issue?

Thank you.

You’re welcome.

I’m glad our solution was able to solve the issue you were facing.
With :heavy_heart_exclamation: from the Dhistance Team

DHISTANCE.com: The Easiest DHIS2 Setup.

Up and running in 5 minutes! No technical knowledge needed!

Great Support with Data Security/Confidentiality.

@e4eDHIS2
I am so glad to meet this team DHISTANCE.com. I have to talk to the head of department to see if we will subscribe to your plan.

Kindly help me sort the issue below as try to talk to management.

I am experiencing an issue with my dashboard filter. It does not filter on charts and reports created by Event Reports and Event Visualizer , but only filters charts and reports created by Data Visualizer .

Please help.

Thank you.

About this question, would you please have a look at (Line Lists do not Filter on Dashboard) and you’re welcome to add your comments there too!

Thanks!

@Gassim
Thank you for replying. This is not the same as my case. Kindly try to add a chart or report created by either Event Reports and Event Visualizer and try to filter as shown on the image below.

It does not filter either by period or organization unit.

Please help me. My client say this is a basic feature. The system should filter.

Thank you.

Hi @Geoffrey_Nyamongo

The filters are disabled for [events] because they are not applicable. The filters in the Dashboard are the same as the filters in the Data Visualizer app [and not the Event Reports and Event Visualizer ]. One suggestion is to make the Organization Unit (OU) the “user orgunit” so they’d filter out based on the user’s OU and not a fixed OU.

Thanks!

Dear @Gassim
Thank you for suggesting the “user orgunit”. How will you filter the period?

I have this nice pivot table below created by Event Reports where I wish to filter by district or reporting period.

It has completely refused to filter. I don’t know what I can do.

Kindly help.

Thanks @Geoffrey_Nyamongo! At this point, the filter only works for the charts and tables produced by the Data Visualizer app or the Maps app.

@Gassim
I hope this message finds you well. It possible to have a chart title to be data driven. For example the title should read as “The Total Number of Patients is 20000.” In this case the 20000 is dynamically populated by a Program Indicator.

Please help.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Geoffrey_Nyamongo

I don’t think this is possible so if you’d like to create a feature request then I will triage it and move the post above to a new topic post. Thanks!