Data and Organisationunit level

We are recovering data from a system not related to dhis and we want to put such information on dhis.

The problem is some part of that information has data from level 4, some on level 3 and other only from level 2.

How do I place all these data on dhis2? On datavalue?

Thanks
Caveman

Hi Orvalho,

···

----- Original Message ----
To: dhis2-devs <dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net>
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2009 5:15:36 AM
Subject: [Dhis2-devs] Data and Organisationunit level

We are recovering data from a system not related to dhis and we want to put such information on dhis.

The problem is some part of that information has data from level 4, some on level 3 and other only from level 2.

Thanks
Caveman

Do you mean orgunits in different levels? It is possible, you have to define mapping from old data to new and transform old data to dhis2 datavalue records. If you post your old data and mapping file I can help with transformation.

regards,
murod

Hi Orvalho,

DHIS2 supports data entry/registration at any orgunit level, and in data value there is no reference to the orgunit level, just the orgunit (source) which means notting is stopping you from importing data to orgunits at different levels.

Of course you need to make sure your data are consistent and that there are no duplication. E.g. if you import data for province A then you would not want to import the same data (data element + period) for Districts AA and AB which are orgunit children of Province A, unless you specifically want to add these together.

When using data in reports you should always use the datamart service, and there you can query data by orgunit level. The datamart process will then aggregate together all values from a specific orgunit and all its children for a given data element/indicator and period. So e.g. if you import data for orgunit level 2,3,4 into data value manually, you can later create reports for orgunit level 2 with all the data for ou level 2,3,4 aggregated together if you use the datamart service.

The datavalue object/table is for storing raw data and the datamart (incl report tables) is for creating any kind of output and therefore supports aggregated data, indicator data and more.

Creating ouput directly from the data value table is not recomnmended.

Ola

···

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 5:15 AM, Orvalho Joaquim Augusto orvaquim@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks

Caveman

Hi there!

Murodullo Latifov wrote:

Hi Orvalho,

Thanks
Caveman

Do you mean orgunits in different levels? It is possible, you have to define mapping from old data to new and transform old data to dhis2 datavalue records. If you post your old data and mapping file I can help with transformation.

Yes.

I have another table resulting from organisation modifications. I added the codes necessary to map; And I have the necessary SQL.

Now I know that I can place any level on datavalue, isn't corect?

regards,
murod

Ate ja
Caveman

···

hi,

···

To: Murodullo Latifov <murodlatifov@yahoo.com>
Cc: dhis2-devs <dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net>
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2009 1:20:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-devs] Data and Organisationunit level

Hi there!

Murodullo Latifov wrote:

Hi Orvalho,

Thanks
Caveman

Yes.

I have another table resulting from organisation modifications. I added the codes necessary to map; And I have the necessary SQL.

Now I know that I can place any level on datavalue, isn't corect?

regards,
murod

Ate ja
Caveman

Yes, you can do that.

murod