COVID-19 Surveillance Webinar - Q&A and Discussion Thread

Join us for a webinar about the DHIS2 COVID-19 Surveillance packages!

The even will be held at 12pm UTC (1pm Oslo) on Thursday, 26 March, and last for approximately 1 hour.

The webinar will be held on Zoom: https://uio.zoom.us/j/265251171

See the full announcement here: Webinar on COVID-19 Surveillance Packages

We will use this thread for Q&A during the webinar – please add your questions or comments as replies below.

4 Likes

Thanks for the informative webinar. Can the team confirm which versions of DHIS2 the contact tracing program is compatible with? I know that some of the Relationship analytic functionality has only been introduced in more recent versions.

1 Like

Welldone team, @Nick, what happens if the contact person is from another facility in North and Index is from facility in East? taking into account that people may have same names.

2 Likes

Posting a question from the webinar chat from (Elevanie) @enyankesha:
My question is on contact tracing. Do we have the localization of people that have been in contact with the registrated case? is it possible to have on map the localization of all people that have been in contact with this case?

3 Likes

There is an error on the assigned date of symptoms when I tried to save and exit. is there a program rule attached to it that is creating this? I used the meta data shared in the COP

1 Like

Hi community, according to the presentation tracker app seem to be more details and indicated for management of cases. Why should we use the event app for case management since it does not allow us to have feature like contact tracing?

Is Event and Tracker using completely different data element?

1 Like

Hello Sarah, from documentations, th contact tracing works on DHIS2 version 2.33 look at Covid-19 - DHIS2

2 Likes

Any COVID Predictive modelling or algorithms implemented so far. The key to the fight against COVID is having inbuilt capabilities to be able to predict regions likely to be affected by the pandemic. Android Apps and dashboards could then be used to respond with interventions e.g deploy preventive teams, testing teams etc.
Basically my question is how do we incorporate some predictive algorithms within our DHIS2 Platforms. Are there tools (use case) examples available for integration that may have worked for other outbreaks?

Is there a way to generat the covid19-surveillance-report with the data collected from tracker instead of enter them again manually in the data Entry app?

1 Like

On the android version, do we have the “Register” or “New case” on COVID-19 Case surveillance just for registering a new case using android not only seeing the enrolled cases registered using web version?

Best,
Josue

Hi Gysanjaya, some DE from the Tracker are reused in the Event program. Please, specify your question, so I can provide more detail.

1 Like

Hey Derebe, this part is a bug in the Capture application. Here is a jira issue: https://jira.dhis2.org/browse/DHIS2-8519
The issue is fixed, and will be reaching you in the upcoming DHIS2 point releases.

1 Like

You could use a Client generated UID.
This UID would uniquely identify an individual through out the program stages.

1 Like

If you start using tracker and move to an event system when the cases increase, does the data integrate seamlessly? i.e. Will the number of suspected or confirmed cases recorded in the tracker module link directly with the events module? i.e.do they share the same data element or have separate data elements been created for each program/module?

1 Like

OK - I just see your response:

“Hi Gysanjaya, some DE from the Tracker are reused in the Event program. Please, specify your question, so I can provide more detail”

So I assume it does??

1 Like

Hi Sarah,
As Andrew has linked, the supported DHIS2 versions will always be specified in the release documentation. In cases where the package is supported in more than one version of DHIS2 (i.e. aggregate package) we include a separate metadata file for each DHIS2 version. The current recommendation is to use a 2.33 instance for the tracker packages as this will ensure compatibility and the use of latest functionality.

1 Like

Hi @enyankesha
The localization of contacts could be captured by the TEI coordinates. These can be displayed in a map. You can read more about this feature in the [DHIS2 Documentation]. (Home - DHIS2 Documentation)

1 Like

Hi @Gysanjaya and @mbuttsworth -
The Case-based surveillance tracker package captures the most complete set of data elements and is aligned with the WHO data dictionary for case-based reporting. The event program is designed with a small subset of these data points. It is intended for use when caseloads become too high and case-based reporting is not feasible in a timely manner (a learning from Ebola outbreak surveillance experiences). You can read more about the use case and data elements for the Surveillance Event Program in the COVID-19 Surveillance Event Program System Design Guide (v0.1)

1 Like

Hi @muhireandrew2020 this is indeed still a problem. We are unable to create relationships across different organization units/geography. This is coming in 2.34 but it is not yet possible.

1 Like