: Capture App (v2.9.1) not storing attribute option combination after event completion

Hello all,

We have had recent complaints from users of the DHIS2 Capture App (V2.9.1) not being able to sync saved records. Upon closer investigation we found that the attribute option combination (Implementing partner) is not saved with the record and the sync process thus fails. We figured this out using the error message that users receive: ‘Valid attribute option combo must be specified since program does not have the default category combo’.

We have tried rolling back to V2.9.0 of the DHIS2 Capture App and the data syncs correctly without any problems so we know the issue is associated with V2.9.1 of the capture app.

We are, however, not sure whether this is a compatibility issue with our instance (Currently on 2.33.10-SNAPSHOT, but will be upgrading soon) or what might be causing the problem?

If the issue is with compatibility with our instance, is there any way to overcome this while the instance upgrade is scheduled and undertaken?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Kind regards,

Andre

Hi @ACoetzer1988

Since you are in 2.33, it is possible that this gets resolved if you upgrade to one of the latest supported versions. If you search for “default category combo” on the CoP, you will find many topic posts with the similar issue, there’s also a bug issue which got fixed: [DHIS2-12649] - Jira

Hopefully the upgrade resolves the issue. Please keep us updated.

Thanks!

Hi @Gassim

Thank you for the feedback. I will be sure to update this post with an outcome once the instance has been upgraded.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @ACoetzer1988

I am facing a similar issue as the one you’ve described. Have you updated your DHIS2 version? and did the update resolve the issue you’re facing?

Hi @WumiOjo,

We have not upgraded the instance yet, but will have it done by the end of May at the latest.

In the meantime, we are having end-users manually correct the records on the app so that data can be synced before the users are reverted to an earlier app version.

Kind regards,

Andre

1 Like

Thank you for your response @ACoetzer1988.

In my case, users are unable to save the value in the AOC (which in our case is a project) so we can’t even ask them to correct that yet and we are hoping an upgrade will fix these issues.

Thanks again for sharing this issue.