Cannot load Dashboars suddenly

Dear All experts

Suddenly dashboards of all users of the National HMIS system are not loading for the last couple of days. There is nothing in the dhis.log. But there is an error on the page below. We are using dhis2.33.10-SNAPSHOT

dashboards.js:192 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘name’)
at dashboards.js:192:23
at Array.map ()
at J (dashboards.js:185:28)
at dashboards.js:33:25
at w (runtime.js:63:1)
at Generator._invoke (runtime.js:282:1)
at Generator.e. [as next] (runtime.js:116:1)
at r (asyncToGenerator.js:3:1)
at s (asyncToGenerator.js:25:1)

It seems that the dashboard’s name might be an issue; any idea where should we look for the issue to resolve. Urgently require your support

1 Like

Not sure if it’s a name issue or not based on the error, but if you suspect it is you could look at the dashboards updated the last few days and see if there are anysuspicious names/characters:

/api/dashboards.json?filter=lastUpdated:gte:2023-03-20&fields=name,id
1 Like

I suspect it’s related to the user that created the dashboard. @Hannan feel free to contact me in a DM.

1 Like

Thanks. Jan and Olav

We solved the problem; it was related to the user.

2 Likes

hi @Hannan would you kindly explain a bit more on this issue and how we solved, it will be interesting and helpful for us and future readers

1 Like

Gald it worked!

And yes please @Hannan! I add my request with @jthomas. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi all!

I have a similar issue with one of our Dashboards. The Dashboard is working well except when you filter by some particular Org Units. The error I’m getting in the Console is similar:

react-dom.production.min.js:209 TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'cellType')

But in my case with ‘cellType’ rather than ‘name’.

We are using version": “2.37.8”.

@Hannan could you explain how did you solve the problem?

Thank you very much!

Are these OUs assigned to the user? Do you still face the same issue even if you use a Superuser?

Thanks for the quick response @Gassim. Yes, I’m facing this issue with a Superuser.

It’s interesting. If I filter first by Period and then by Org Unit it works. If I do it in the other way, first by Org Unit and then by Period, it doesn’t work. I’m using the same Period and Org Unit in both cases.

The message the dashboard item is displaying is: There was a problem loading this dashboard item.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @mramirez!

I tried to reproduce this issue on https://play.dhis2.org/2.37.9 but couldn’t.

Could it be a cache issue? After clearing cache in the Data Administration app → Maintenance, please try to test again in your browser’s Guest mode.

Would it be possible to investigate more in the Console or Network tab of what type of item is it? And check the configuration of this item.

Thanks!

Hi all - was this solved? I’m on 2.37 and now getting this error for a lot of visuals when I try to save in the data visualizer app.
I’m not trying to load a map so not sure why it’s having trouble with reading map…

Hi @Gassim!

It’s no a cache issue. I’ve found what is causing this problem - in our DHIS2 instance and also in DHIS 2 Demo - Sierra Leone.

These are the steps to reproduce the problem:

1. Log in DHIS 2 Demo - Sierra Leone.
  2. Go to the Inpatient BMI, Weight and Height dashboard.
  3. Open in Data Visualizer app the pivot table named Inpatient: BMI, wight and height by district this year.
  4. Click on Options and enable Hide empty rows.
  5. Save the pivot table and come back to the dashboard.
  6. Filter the dashboard by some period in which there’s no data, for instance December 2025 => The pivot table throws the following error message: There was a problem loading this dashboard item and it becomes unresponsive, i.e. it does not respond when either removing or changing the dashboard filter.

See screenshot below:

Hope this helps.

1 Like