Android settings web app not showing visualizations

I have an instance running on 2.36. I am experiencing issues finding visualizations when using the Android settings app for analytics even though I have visualizations setup with all the right sharing permissions.

Could you please assist with what other configurations I might be missing for the visualizations to be visible to the app?

Regards,

Lusanda Ntoni

Hi @lusandan,
Welcome to back to the community! :tada:

Sorry would be great if you clarify further, what type of visualizations are you not able to see, for a Tracker or events program?

If you login to play.dhis2.org/2.36 android/Android123 are you still not able to see visualizations? Please share the steps to reproduce this issue.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Hi Gassim - Im experiencing a similar issue on this, for me it looks like this.

This is in a tracker program. I logged into the version you suggested but where this is occurring is not available on the demo account:

On this page on mine - while the Program is showing - and I do have visualizations on the dashboard nothing is appearing in the visualization section.

Dashboard:

In Visualization Section - none configured:

No Options Visible:

Hi @lusandan and @matty, here are some recommendations when working with Analytics - visualizations in the Android Settings Webapp.

• To have full access (create, edit, delete settings), you should log in with a user with ALL authorities
  • Visualizations are considered valid (Android) if:
  • has a valid Visualization type: column, line, pie, pivot table, single value, radar
  • pivot Tables: Number of header lines: 1 Number of header columns: 2
  • Charts: No limit

To check more info about this, you can review it here.

I hope this can help.
Have a great day

1 Like

Hi @milagros

I configured a visualization as a chart as specified with the “view and edit” sharing settings for both the visualizer and dashboard.

I’m still unable to see the visualization for Data set visualization on the android web app even though I have allocated all authorities to my user login.

I have attached some screenshots for your further perusal.
Please revert back to me on what else could be factors that the visualizations are not visible to the web app.

Regards,
Lusanda

@nancyesp . Could you please help @lusandan ? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m now sorted guys thank you for all your assistance. I had a chat with Nancy yesterday all is sorted

3 Likes

Hello dear @lusandan, @nancyesp ,

I hope you are doing well.

I have two concerns:

(1) I currently face the same issue [cannot see all created visualizations] and unfortunately the solution was not posted. Would you mind telling us the solution in few words?

(2) For program indicators, I cannot see charts. [Please see the Screenshot]

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Bobo_BUYA ,

Regarding the second part of the question, the reason why those charts are not displayed is that custom boundaries are not supported in the app yet. They are in the roadmap and they are likely to be added in the next version.

Currently, the app only supports the default boundaries, that is, the boundaries that are created by default when creating a new program indicator. It means:

• analytics type EVENT:
    • event date - after start of reporting period
    • event date - before end of reporting period
  • analytics type ENROLLMENT:
    • enrollment date - after start of reporting period
    • enrollment date - before end of reporting period

Hope it helps!

2 Likes

@lusandan and @nancyesp - What is the resolution and can you post it as tips so that others can use? I’m having the same issues.

Hi @Bobo_BUYA, @chase.freeman

There wasn’t a configuration issue in Lusanda’s case. He wasn’t able to see the bottom bar (Analytic icon) because of the color of the program.

But if you are not able to see the visualizations listed (in the Android settings webapp) then check if your visualization meet the following criteria:

1. Visualization Type
Column, Line, Pie, Pivot Table, Single Value, Radar
2. Relative Periods
Today, yesterday, this week, this month, this year,
last 3, 7, 14, 30 days,
Last 4, 12 weeks,
Last 3, 6, 12 months
3. Row Dimensions
Max: 1
4. Column Dimensions
Max: 2
5. Organisation Units
Access to at least 1 org unit level (userOrgUnitChildren, userOrgUnitGrandChildren, userOrgUnit)

If the visualization is configured with fixed org units or periods (or unsupported charts), it won’t appear in the list. Let me know if this helps or if you have any other question. More information here:

3 Likes

Thanks Nancy! Thats a great bit of help. I appreciate it.

1 Like