Android settings on phones/tablets

Hi all,

I would like all messages (errors, required fields, etc) to be displayed in Portuguese. As our users do not speak English, they find it difficult to understand some messages.

In the images below, we show two examples of what we would like to be in Portuguese

In short, we want things to be in Portuguese.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @ferdinandmussavene,

Kindly see below from @marta on the interface language and update it from your system.

Interface language based on DHIS2 user language: The language of the interface will correspond to the language set in the DHIS2 user configuration. If the language is not available in the app, it will pick the language of the device. If none of the language configurations are available, the app will default to English.
Translations set up in DHIS2 for metadata will also be shown according to the language in the user configuration.
Jira | Documentation

James.

1 Like

Hi @jomutsani,

Could you explain this part a bit more

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @ferdinandmussavene,

Kindly check under the account you are using to collect data (you can log into your DHIS2 instance to update this):

Once logged in, click on your initials at the top right corner of your screen then go to settings and update →

So the language you choose here will correspond with your ask on this question (should change the interface language on the Capture app to Portuguese).

Try it out and let us know how it goes.

James.

1 Like

Hi @ferdinandmussavene .

On top of James answer just wanted to add that we are reviewing the App completely as we found out that some of this messages are not being translated despite setting the language properly. We hope they will be ready for one of the next incoming versions.

Best.

2 Likes

Hi @jaime.bosque and @jomutsani,

Thank you for your help.

Of course, some messages are still not being translated. For example, I still see this field is mandatory for required fields while I changed the language of the user interface to Portuguese.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @ferdinandmussavene . In addition to my post please note that we rely on the community for the translations for which we are not capable of doing ourselves. The translations can be submitted here: ANDROID: Capture localization | Transifex so I encourage you to review the project and submit translations :slight_smile:

More info here: Translations of the Android App - Contributions needed!

1 Like