What's your DHIS2 version of choice?

Hi DHIS2 community, Marie Stopes are looking to upgrade our DHIS2 instance (we’re some versions behind!), and wondered which version people currently find the most stable.

I thought this would be nice place for NGOs to share what version of DHIS2 they use, so we know who best who to reach out to if we have an implementation question around a certain version, or upgrading to a certain version.

I’ll go first!

Organisation: Marie Stopes International
DHIS2 version: v2.25
2 Likes

Hi Dave,

I have used all DHIS2 versions between 2.26 and 2.30. My recommended one is 2.29. It is a perfect balance new features and less bugs. Also version 2.28 is very stable.
My major concern with 2.30 (and higher versions) is the Import/Export app, otherwise looks nice

Organisation: LogicalOutcomes
preferred DHIS2 version: 2.29

Kris

3 Likes

Hi Dave,

In my work place, we are also on 2.29, because it has almost all we wanted, 2.30 and 2.31 are kind of new, we are still testing if everything works well, but are considering to move to 2.31 especially for instances which uses tracker.

Hope that helps.

Organisation: MSH
preferred DHIS2 version: 2.29

J. Paul

3 Likes

Hi,

We, PCI Botswana, implemented DHIS2 last year (Jul 2018) and we went with 2.29. We feel it is stable and good. We are still settling and not thought of upgrading in near future.

Organisation: PCI, Botswana
DHIS2 version: 2.29

Regards

MSP

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, looks like 2.29 is certainly popular.

Hi Dave,

Organization: Population Services International PSI
DHIS2 version: v2.30 (since Jan 26th)

Rodrigo

1 Like

Hi everyone! :slight_smile:

I am bumping this thread again, just to see if there has been any changes in people’s preferred versions or why people might be hesistant or eager to upgrade. With the release of 2.32 in May, our supported versions are 2.30 and above, so that’s also something to take into consideration.

Thanks so much in advance!
Karoline

2 Likes

Hi Karoline, we’re currently still working on our upgrade from v2.25 to v2.30 (some of our custom web apps needed development to become compatible with v2.30) and plan to be upgraded by end September. However, there’s some functionality in 2.32 we really need, so when we are stable on v2.30 we hope to upgrade to v2.32 shortly after - potentially by end of year. Kind regards, Dave - Marie Stopes International

1 Like