Weird behaivour with the user interface in the Event Capture (2.17)

Hi there!

Since a while ago, we and our users are noted a strange behaviour using the Event Capture app in the 2.17. The main issues are:

1. Sometimes, once you have selected one orgunit, the dropdown list with the programs is empty (although the program is activated on the orgunit, and was working before)

2. Sometimes, once you have selected an orgunit and a program, the ‘Register Event’ button does not appear

3. Sometimes, when we are in the dataentry screen of one event (custom form), the DataElements don’t populate their options in their dropdownlist (although it was working before).

I could not find a pattern so it is quite difficult to replicate them. It seems that 1) and 3) may happen when we add a new DataElement in a SEwoR program (but I am not completely sure about it). Sometimes everything backs to normal in a matter of minutes, other times it takes hours or even one day. Also, many times I cleaned the browser cache but the problems persist.

I am sorry but I can not give you more details, It is quite confused :), any ideas?

Many thanks

Jose

Hi Jose,

It is really difficult to tell what is happening here. Obviously, when any of these “Weird behavior” happen, looking into log files helps quite a lot. So next time see if anything is written onto your browser network/console tab.

Another key issue you need to keep in mind is, whenever a meta-data is changed (for example, option(set), data element, program(stage)…) you need to clear your cache - we are still looking for a better way of handling this automatically.

Hope we pinpoint the issue and address it.

···

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 3:41 PM, Jose Garcia Muñoz josemp10@gmail.com wrote:

Hi there!

Since a while ago, we and our users are noted a strange behaviour using the Event Capture app in the 2.17. The main issues are:

1. Sometimes, once you have selected one orgunit, the dropdown list with the programs is empty (although the program is activated on the orgunit, and was working before)
  1. Sometimes, once you have selected an orgunit and a program, the ‘Register Event’ button does not appear
  1. Sometimes, when we are in the dataentry screen of one event (custom form), the DataElements don’t populate their options in their dropdownlist (although it was working before).

I could not find a pattern so it is quite difficult to replicate them. It seems that 1) and 3) may happen when we add a new DataElement in a SEwoR program (but I am not completely sure about it). Sometimes everything backs to normal in a matter of minutes, other times it takes hours or even one day. Also, many times I cleaned the browser cache but the problems persist.

I am sorry but I can not give you more details, It is quite confused :), any ideas?

Many thanks

Jose

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Thank you,

Abyot.