Webinar on DHIS2 Immunization Registry & Vital Events Notification packages - Wednesday 8 September, 14:00 CET

Join the DHIS2 team and HISP Rwanda for the next webinar in our DHIS2 for immunization series! This webinar will provide an overview of the new Immunization Registry and Vital Events Notification packages and experts from the Rwandan Ministry of Health will share their real-world implementation experiences. This webinar took place on Wednesday, 8 September, from 14:00-15:30 Oslo time (GMT+2).

You can watch a recording of this webinar on the DHIS2 YouTube channel. The slides from this presentation are also available for download.

Feel free to reply to this thread to ask questions or add comments for the presenters.

Learn more about the DHIS2 immunization toolkit: visit website
Browse DHIS2 downloadable metadata packages: visit website

6 Likes
Where do you work?
  • MoH or other government agency
  • NGO
  • HISP group
  • Other

0 voters

Do you have any experience working with Tracker or have a Tracker program?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

How do you find the live stream on the Community of Practice topic?
  • Amazing!
  • It’s okay, I like the idea of posting questions directly to the CoP
  • Not great at all! I prefer something else

0 voters

If you prefer something else for a webinar, please write the preference:
  • Zoom
  • YouTube Live Stream chat
  • Other

0 voters

1 Like

Starting in three minutes! :tada: @community make sure you write your questions here for the presenters to answer! :blush:

Hi everyone

1 Like

Hi, My name is Kose from Juba South Sudan. Am a Software Developer. Looking forward to the insights from the program.

3 Likes

Hi all – I’m so sorry if this is a dumb question – but if a child is registered to the CRVS and a unique ID is assigned by the national authority – is this ID# persisted across all programmes (including the immunization programme) as a “golden thread” for this child?
Thanks so much,
Derek

2 Likes

Hello, is this tracker to be used at point of care (in front of the patient during consultation), or to be encoded at the end of the day? Thanks.

1 Like

great

1 Like

Hi Vini! This program is optimized to support a point of care workflow with built-in decision support (such as warnings, etc), but it also can be used for “end of day” data entry. The DHIS2 metadata package is designed to be flexible and countries may adopt into the workflow that is best suited to their context. It could also be a hybrid where some facilities are able to use the EIR at point of care, while others may not. The same package can be used.

1 Like

Will the slides and the recording be made available?

1 Like

Hi @Amaiga, enjoying the live stream on the CoP? :smiley:

Welcome to the Community of Practice @kose, @Ritz, @vinifardhdiani, and @Alfakeir! :pray:

Hi Derek, great question. Indeed if a child is registered into the CRVS and already has a Unique ID from the national authority, this can be added to the child’s record (the “tracked entity attribute” in DHIS2 terms) and this will persist across programmes. In the case that the child is registered first in the EIR and later receives a national ID, their record can be update to include this information. Since many countries maintain multiple levels and types of identifiers (e.g. health facility identifiers, programme identifiers specific to EPI, or national identifiers) these can all be attached to the child’s record as appropriate, and persist across programmes depending on the configuration. In this way, DHIS2 Tracked Entity Attributes can be used to accommodate multiple identifiers.

1 Like

Hi again – and (again) sorry if this is obvious to everyone but me – but will the blocker work across all the DHIS2 programmes (e.g. all persons registered across all programmes), or are we only looking for blockers (duplicates) on a single programme?
Thanks and warmest regards,
Derek
PS: sorry for all the apologies… I’m Canadian. :blush:

1 Like

Hi @AnabelAA – the slides and recording of this webinar will be shared here on the Community of Practice, and on our YouTube channel: DHIS2 - YouTube

1 Like

Hi Derek, no worries! If by the “blocker” you mean, “must it be unique across all programmes”, the answer is yes, the attribute can be configured to be unique to the system, and thus cannot be duplicated regardless of which programme. The system will block you from duplicating that ID if it is configured to be unique in the system. Did I understand the question right?

From your friendly neighbor to the south. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Everyone, hoping to learning more and explore DHIS2 and would love to connect with everyone here. :slight_smile: Have a great day.

1 Like

Thanks so much, Rebecca – and howdy neighbour! :slightly_smiling_face:
I saw that the blocker was looking for duplicates based on name. Is that test against same-name across all programmes??

Welcome to the community @Mehkan_Ali! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi… sorry for so many questions… but I didn’t notice that the vaccine batch# was logged at the time of the transaction. Did I miss it (or is it entered somewhere else)?
Thanks so much for this really great demo. :+1:
Warmest regards,
Derek