Validation rules in data entry form

Hi Devs,

I am currently setting validation rules mainly Min-Max in my data entry forms.

These forms belong to different organization units but they all share the same aggregated data elements.

My question is:is there a way I may set a validation rule for one data element and make it applicable to all the organization units where this data element belongs?

Thanks,

Anne-grace

One more thing, I would like to clarify as per your raised question, DHIS is a community driven, community based web application with a very wide applicability, AND unfortunately, this community does’t support any IS:IS activity at any point at any way across.

Regards

Brajesh Murari

Hi Anne,

Let me clear your point which need to put your attention and understandability about setting up a ‘min-max’ value and defining ‘validation rule’ in global context of DHIS.

Setting ‘min-max’ value for a data element doe,t implies, you are defining a validation rule for that data element in belonging dataset, its just a range of value with certain predefined set of numeric interval for that data element without any mathematical operator or mathematical expression, if and only if data element is of number type or its variant type like flot, int, double etc. It can be varied dataset vs organisation unit wise for a specific data element with different period if you think in multi dimensional context. It only prompt with multi colours indicative popups during data entry, if and only if, the entered value does’t belong to that predefined specified range of entered data value before or after pressing ‘dataset completeness’ button available in data entry form.

Setting ‘Validation Rule’ in DHIS means defining a mathematical expression or formula like indicators which include all the time at least one or more data elements as mathematical operand with some predefined mathematical operators. Validation Rule in DHIS acts like a filtered condition which is uniform for all organisation unit and datasets for any period but depends upon defined period type. This would show you both weather validation rule pass or fail with list which can be exportable in multiple formats like PDF , CVS, Work Book etc. You can make validation rule group with multi validation rules and can perform and operate group wise validation test for checking data quality but officially, this activity is not recommended and banned in some of the countries is. Group Wise Validation Analysis.

I think, you should prepare to define validation rule in Data Quality for these data elements, because ‘min-max’ is for different purpose like setting up a target for specific data element for a period for specific organisation unit.

Regards

Brajesh Murari

Dear Brajesh,

Could You guide me in please!

Hi Anne,

Let me clear your point which need to put your attention and understandability about setting up a ‘min-max’ value and defining ‘validation rule’ in global context of DHIS.

Setting ‘min-max’ value for a data element doe,t implies, you are defining a validation rule for that data element in belonging dataset, its just a range of value with certain predefined set of numeric interval for that data element without any mathematical operator or mathematical expression, if and only if data element is of number type or its variant type like flot, int, double etc. It can be varied dataset vs organisation unit wise for a specific data element with different period if you think in multi dimensional context. It only prompt with multi colours indicative popups during data entry, if and only if, the entered value does’t belong to that predefined specified range of entered data value before or after pressing ‘dataset completeness’ button available in data entry form.

Setting ‘Validation Rule’ in DHIS means defining a mathematical expression or formula like indicators which include all the time at least one or more data elements as mathematical operand with some predefined mathematical operators. Validation Rule in DHIS acts like a filtered condition which is uniform for all organisation unit and datasets for any period but depends upon defined period type. This would show you both weather validation rule pass or fail with list which can be exportable in multiple formats like PDF , CVS, Work Book etc. You can make validation rule group with multi validation rules and can perform and operate group wise validation test for checking data quality but officially, this activity is not recommended and banned in some of the countries is. Group Wise Validation Analysis.

I think, you should prepare to define validation rule in Data Quality for these data elements, because ‘min-max’ is for different purpose like setting up a target for specific data element for a period for specific organisation unit.

Regards

Brajesh Murari

Dear Brajesh,

Could You guide me in please!

···

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Brajesh Murari bramurari@gmail.com wrote:

Yes, this option was available in DHIS not sure is available in present build.

Brajesh Murari

On Jan 20, 2015 6:41 PM, “anne grace” missannegrace@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Devs,

These forms belong to different organization units but they all share the same aggregated data elements.

My question is:is there a way I may set a validation rule for one data element and make it applicable to all the organization units where this data element belongs?

Thanks,

Anne-grace

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Hi Anne

For doing the same you can find other very good documentations available on www.dhis2.org

Regards

Brajesh Murari

···

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Brajesh Murari bramurari@gmail.com wrote:

Yes, this option was available in DHIS not sure is available in present build.

Brajesh Murari

On Jan 20, 2015 6:41 PM, “anne grace” missannegrace@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Devs,

Thanks,

Anne-grace

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Is there any way to run a validation rule when any value is inserted to input field, just like oninput function we use in Javascript ?