Validation Rules for Immunization data

I am new to the platform and using version 2.28. In a test-system, I want to capture immunization data monthly.

We need to establish complex validation rules such as the difference between the number of children who received three vaccines ( ex- Hepatitis B, Oral Polio, Influenza) should not exceed the 5% of the maximum one.

example
A data set like
Hepatitis B - 100
O.Polio - 99
Influenza - 90

should be not be validated as the maximum difference allowed between each vaccine is 5.

if this difference occurred due to the real-life scenario, the data entry person could be able to override it with valid reasoning.

2 Likes

Hi Hasinda.

That is a good question.

If I understand correctly, another way to state the requirement is that each count must be at least 95% of each other count. In this case, you could write 6 validation rules:

1. Hepatitis B >= Oral Polio * .95
  2. Hepatitis B >= Influenza * .95
  3. Oral Polio >= Hepatitis B * .95
  4. Oral Polio >= Influenza * .95
  5. Influenza >= Hepatitis B * .95
  6. Influenza >= Oral Polio * .95

The user may always enter data even if the validation rules are not satisfied. The principle in DHIS 2 is that it’s better to have known data that does not match the validation rules, than to have missing data and not know what is missing.

Cheers,
Jim

2 Likes

Hello Jim,
Sorry for being this late to reply. This approach solved the validation rule which I was stuck at.

I wanted to know if it’s possible to proceed with a comment to a violated validation rule. But yeah, validation rule is a Rule!. It’s better to continue with the entry and sort things at the Data Quality application at a higher level.

Thanks for the quick reply. Cheers!

1 Like