Using option groups in data set elements

Hi,

Anybody aware of how to filter options sets in a DATA SET element - for instance based on the orgunit, or other data element values already captured?

(i.e. I’m looking for functionality similar to a program rule executing filtering of option sets in a tracker/event program, using option groups)

Regards
Calle

@Calle_Hedberg I remember from other community members, they used JavaScript to filter sections but maybe that could be used for a specific field as well? Maybe something like this: Access data element value using JavaScript in custom form (Tracker program) - #6 by Gassim but with more manipulation. It does seem like a bit complicated but not impossible. :crossed_fingers:

@Gassim

I am aware of that option, but as you say it’s rather complicated - which is why I was looking for a method that are more readily available. In other words: if anybody already HAS the javascript code that I can re-use / modify for another data set…

Regards
Calle

1 Like

It might be a good idea to start a wiki post in say the Development - Développement category where people share JS codes that can be reused for custom data entry forms. :+1: