UserSetting Service and SystemSetting Service broken.

Hello,

Recent serialization changes have broken UserSetting and SystemSetting services.

These services were taking in the content-type “text/plain” until now, basically a json with key / value pairs of settings.

I think the RenderServiceMessageConverter now lets in only json or xml payload. This is the cause of the bug.

We could change the UserSetting and SystemSetting services to take in json content type. But there is one more issue.

RenderServiceMessageConverter tries to de-serialize the json input into an object, for these said services an object is unnecessary since what is persisted/ later accessed in dhis is just a json.

How do we go about solving this?

Regards,

Kiran.

Hi Kiran

There was as a very stupid bug there, I’m sorry. It should have been fixed in rev 15711

···

Morten

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 8:25 AM, Kiran Prakash kprakash@thoughtworks.com wrote:

Hello,

Recent serialization changes have broken UserSetting and SystemSetting services.

These services were taking in the content-type “text/plain” until now, basically a json with key / value pairs of settings.

I think the RenderServiceMessageConverter now lets in only json or xml payload. This is the cause of the bug.

We could change the UserSetting and SystemSetting services to take in json content type. But there is one more issue.

RenderServiceMessageConverter tries to de-serialize the json input into an object, for these said services an object is unnecessary since what is persisted/ later accessed in dhis is just a json.

How do we go about solving this?

Regards,

Kiran.