Updated Entities in Data Import Wizard app not working

Hi @Gassim,

Thanks for the support!

Need Your Help for import data from Data Import Wizard app.

Mapping 1- Program A
I have imported the below data from “Data import wizard” app for program “A”, and the data is inserted into respective tables.

Mapping 2- Program B
I have data for “B” program in another excel, the attribute details are same as “A” program, but stage data is different (data element).

I don’t want to create new trackedentityinstance if doth the program attributes are matched. Only insert program B stage data with same trackedentityinstance.

Using the “Update entities” function it’s not working.

Any other solution?

You mean if the TEI already exists, you don’t want it to create a new entity, but it’s creating a new entity even though you selected ‘update entities’? Could we reproduce this issue and maybe ask for support from the app developers?

I’m moving these posts into a different topic because this is related to the Data Import Wizard app which is developed by HISP Uganda.

Thanks!

Hi @Gassim,

You mean if the TEI already exists, you don’t want it to create a new entity, but it’s creating a new entity even though you selected ‘update entities’?

Thanks for created new topic.

No, while selected ‘update entities’ it is not working for both new entity as well as updated entity. Is there any other file format or setting.?

Eg 1 - If TEI is present with firstname - ‘Tony’ , lastname- ‘Hall’, I need to change ‘Toni’ and ‘Hall’ respectively.

Eg 2 - If TEI is already present with firstname - ‘Toni’ , lastname- ‘Hall’, then it should ignore that record. And if the ‘Map Program Stage’ is selected with ‘new events’ then it should be created new stageinstance.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Sudarshan

Thanks for your patience!

This needs to be reported to the app developers from Uganda. I’m reaching out to see if they can support.

In the mean time, have you tried to use the Import Export app? Home - DHIS2 Documentation

What version of DHIS2 are you using? If you’re using the newer versions there are changes in the tracker api endpoints so they layout will need to be checked, you can check out: Tracker Import changelog - New Tracker - DHIS2 Documentation and Import payload - New Tracker - DHIS2 Documentation

1 Like