Unsupported value type: LETTER

Hi,

I’m having an issue with a value type: LETTER on a TEA that I’m building for a Tracker Program. I want the field to be restricted so that users can only enter the first letter of a client’s first name. This is used in a program rule to calculate a client code.

It is useful because we do not want users to accidentally enter the full client’s name, in order to preserve data anonymity and security in our system. However, in the tracker program, this is showing up as an unsupported value type. I’ve tested this on both v2.30 and 2.33.

In the documentation, this says that this value type is implemented, so I would expect it to be supported.

I’ve also managed to replicate on the play site:

Is this a known issue, or is there something I am missing? Any guidance is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Monika

1 Like

Hi @monika!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue, it’s indeed a bug. I filled a bug report on behalf of you, you can follow the progress in jira.

Regards,
Gintare

2 Likes

Hi @Gintare,

Oh, amazing! Thank you so much for the quick response, much appreciated.

Best,

Monika

1 Like

Dear @monika

Did you try using the normal text field and restricting the number of characters to entered?
d2:length can help restrict the number of characters.

(d2:length( A{Name} ) != 1)

Action could be an error or warning

Regards

2 Likes

Dear @prosper,

That is a great tip! Thank you so much, I will definitely use this moving forwards.

Best,

Monika

1 Like