I’m not able to rename event reports in version 2.42.5.1 of DHIS. When trying to rename reports created by either myself or another users and with the correct sharing settings, I get a continuous spinner in the UI and a 415 (Unsupported Media Type) in the console.
I can see this issue was addressed for event visualizer (here: Jira). What it ever addressed for event reports?
Thanks for writing about this. You can rename the reports that were available on the legacy ‘Event reports app’ either through Event Visualizer app or the Line Listing app. If the report is was a ‘line list’ then it will be available from the Line Listing app, and if it was a pivot table it will be available in the Event Visualizer app or the Data Visualizer app.
I don’t think it will be addressed for the Event Report app (because it’s a legacy app that has been replaced), actually, already in the roadmap for the future here’s what the focus is on: Jira
The reports we want to rename are pivot table style event reports. I tried looking for them in the event visualizer and data visualizer apps using the report name and the UID but couldn’t find them.
Is there a specific workflow I need to follow? I didn’t find any guidance for pivot tables in event report app under the App Transition and Version Upgrade tag.
Sorry to hear that! I tested on play and I was able to find them, so I’m not sure why?
While this will be deprecated soon, you can also use the API to rename these reports. Here’s an example that I tested on play and it worked:
curl.exe -X PATCH "https://play.im.dhis2.org/stable-2-42-6/api/eventReports/TIuOzZ0ID0V" `
-H "Content-Type: application/json-patch+json" `
-u admin:district `
-d '[ {\"op\": \"replace\", \"path\": \"/name\", \"value\": \"Inpatient: Cases 5 to 15 years this year (case) 2\"}, {\"op\": \"replace\", \"path\": \"/description\", \"value\": \"\"} ]'
Eventually, the entire endpoint and app will be deprecated and in later versions, users will need to use the apps that replace it, so I do recommend to plan on using the other apps instead of Events Reports app. -----
Hi again @Kris_Reinhardt .. was using the API helpful? I’m wondering how you’re managing this issue now. Thanks!
Oh, you’re right! Just a suggestion if you’d like to, you’re welcome to start a topic in Implementation - Implémentation > App Transition and Version Upgrades about why you’re still using the Event Reports app and haven’t transitioned to the newer apps? Since the next thing that will replace these apps is the ‘Individual Data Visualizer’, you’re welcome to share your insights about what should remain in the app, new features…etc