Unable to import CSV Event data in version 2.38.3.1

Hello @Gassim ,
I am unable to import CSV event data in dhis2 Version 2.38.3.1.
I have exported the event data from version 2.36.10 and I would like to import to version 2.38.3.1 but nothing happens. i
There are no errors when I click import both from the web UI or the logs.
The same data is imported without errors in version 2.35.

Mohammed

Hi @abdimohammed

Welcome back to the community!

Exporting version to version doesn’t always work. You’d need to upgrade the instance to v 2.38 and make sure they are updated as well.

If other issues arise after upgrading and updating, please share.

Thank you!

Thank you @Gassim for your quick reply.
Shouldn’t the import show you any errors either on the web interface or the logs?

I suggest you to install Bulk Load app from EyeSeeTea team to both instances of DHIS2. Then just export and import using the Bulk Load, it should work fine then.

1 Like

Hello @Daler
as I know Bulk Load is just for downloading Template for programs and dataset without any stored values.

No. You can download all the data, just put a tick import data too and pick the range.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, @Daler
Could you please send me the steps for that? I didn’t find any option regarding downloading data.
I have about 22000 events that need to transfer from one instance to another.

You need to choose template, its basically the tool that you want to take events from. Then select org Units, once you select org units there will be another option available then → populate it with data.Click on that and choose the period and that’s it.

Once downloaded, then on another instance you chose import data and drag and drop that excel file. All events will be trasnferred

1 Like

Thank you so much. I appreciate your assistant.

2 Likes

Hello @Daler ,
Which version of bulk load is compatible with version 2.36? I have followed the steps you highlighted above but my template is not populated with data.

Hello @Gassim ,
I believe the import/export app has an issue in event data import in version 2.38 .
How do I know this?
I have exported event data from my dhis2 instance and re-imported the same data in the same instance and it fails. (I changed the event id only).
NB: No errors in the UI or logs.

Mohammed

Thanks! If you are able to reproduce this in play.dhis2.org instance, please share the steps to reproduce. I need more info to be able to understand the issue more.

Hello @Gassim ,
This same issue is in the following link and the reproduce steps :

Could you please work on a quick solution to this problem?
We have a lot of data that we need to import.
Jamal

The Solution was to export and import data using APIs in POSTMAN:
The following example can be used for demonstration:
GET REQUEST:
https://YOURSERVERADDRESS/api/events.json?program=PROGRAMID&orgUnit=ORGUNITID&startDate=2021-01-01&endDate=2023-08-04&ouMode=DESCENDANTS&fields=programType,orgUnit,program,programStage,event,status,orgUnitName,eventDate,lastUpdated,created,dataValues&pageSize=3000

Clean your data and import using the following API
POST REQUEST
https://YOURSERVERADDRES/api/events

Mohammed

2 Likes