Unable to execute "Event import"

I am new to this tool so I used “Event export” to export a Tracker Program Event, changed only one numeric value and used “Event import” without problems to “overwrite” the value.

But I failed when replacing the Event ID with a random generated ID (BIF app) and uploading. Is that actually possible, to create a new Tracker event by uploading a csv-file? Or does the Event ID have to first exist in the system?

I receive the error:
Event.trackedEntityInstance does not point to a valid tracked entity instance: null

But that is not possible as I used the exported file, only changed the event ID and one numeric value and left everything else untouched.

Is there a bug or is the process not correct?

Hello @George_McGuire
Have you tried to use Atomic, see the behavior and share feedback, if it fails we can edit the file manually to include the required item.

Regards
Moses

Hi Moses. Thanks for answering, I have not heard of atomic, can you please point me to the tool? Thanks.

Before I lose you completely, circle what you are using to import for me in the shared image

Then we can take from there.

1 Like

Yes I am using the Import/Export app. I see you mean “atomic mode” option but that is only available in the “Metadata import” while I am using the “Event import” (not able to edit the shared image):

Use Data import Wizard App, this will simplify your life.

Please check that the CSV Columns are the same as the format mentioned in the docs here

Thanks!