TypeErrors and blank Data Element selection for Program Rule Variable (2.30)

Hi,

We imported PRV, PR, and PRA, but when looking at the PRV variable created, it seems like the Data Element that we’ve assigned appears as blank. Please see image below. And when I tried to select a different Source Type and save it, it reverts back to this one. I’ve also tried manually deleting the PRV and PR and then imported the file back again, but the DE is still blank.

Another problem is, the PRA created from the import appears to have a “TypeError”. When I navigated into PR, and into the Action Detail section, if I click on it, I get the following error message, please see image below for details.

Could this possibly be a bug? Or perhaps something in our import process that results in this conflict?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Cha

1 Like

Hi @wtum, the @dhis2-platform team will have a look and advise on how to handle this.

Best,
James.

Hi @wtum,
It’s hard to say what is happening here because we can’t reproduce the issue presently. I asked around and a colleague did mention that we have had a backend bug before that could have caused this type of behavior.

I think a good starting point would be to inspect the import import logs, and the database records that are created upon import. The problem could be related to the import process, or the maintenance-app. Let’s check the import process first.

Thanks,
Hendrik

1 Like

Hi @hendrik,

I checked the other records that were imported in the same file and there were no problems. I looked at the “LOGGER” import log and there were no error messages or warnings. Is there somewhere else I could check?

Thank you.

Cha

1 Like

Could someone from the @dhis2-backend team please advise on how Cha could verify the import was successful? And/or perhaps offer other advise to debug?

I can’t reproduce this locally, but from what I have learned so far, it looks like some reference is broken. This is just a wild guess though.

1 Like